Ugh Craiglisters can be so annyoying.

DR99

I bought one of the Ridgid gas powered air compressors from HD for 225.03 to flip on Ebay or CL, and this asshole texted me he would offer last clearance price plus 50 after sales tax I would make like 20 bucks on an item that retailed for 900!!! I just ignored him but I wanted to say I will throw in in the lake before I would sell it that cheap to him. I do this kinda stuff to earn tool buying money.

Using kijiji I run into people like that all the time. Usually the extent of the reply I send is "lol". Things are worth what the market will pay and when you're willing to wait a bit the market generally pays a lot more than those cheap bastards offer. They ought to get into the copper wire business, they're tightfisted enough that they could make a pile of money off a stack of pennies. 

• Like 1

I bought my DeWalt Miter Saw on CL, he was only asking $100, and the thing was like brand new.  He was telling me folks were calling and asking if he would sell it for $25, $50.  At $100, it was already a steal, I felt asking if he wanted more for it lol.  Turned out, he was a basement woodworker like me, he showed me some of his projects.  The saw was only used a few times he said, because he ending going with a 12" sliding model. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

Using kijiji I run into people like that all the time. Usually the extent of the reply I send is "lol". Things are worth what the market will pay and when you're willing to wait a bit the market generally pays a lot more than those cheap bastards offer. They ought to get into the copper wire business, they're tightfisted enough that they could make a pile of money off a stack of pennies. 

1 hour ago, DR99 said:

I might be high for the market but for a brand new gas powered air compressor the deal was laughable.

Yea but theres being cheap in the market range of the price and just being a low balling jagaloon

• Like 2

Because half of the people on CL are heroin addicts. I've had some down right insultive offers made on CL. I put it in the ad....no best offers, no deliveries. The price is the price. Oh and I never flip on CL. COMPLETE WASTE OF RESOURCES AND TIME. People are cheap. I sell on CL when I have an item that I need to get rid of and put it on at the lowest I will take. No heckling, no deals just $$$ listed

• Like 1

Lol 99! Sounds so familiar. Just today I saw a "wanted: Milwaukee fuel grinder". Said I had one in fantastic shape, he asks how much, I give him a price (which admittedly was a touch high because generally people try to fleece you). He says "I can buy reconditioned to better than factory condition for less than half list price, and don't pay more than 50% list for second hand stuff". I responded with "then do that." 

• Like 1

I feel your pain DR....

i sell a lot of stuff on CL. I created a separate email address, and check it, along with the junk mail folder 2 times a day. I am very quick to just delete anything that is slightly ridiculous, or a simple NO works too, only because I always includes many pictures and full details even if there is something wrong. The last thing you need is a meth head wanting to get his money back...

when I do make a sale, it is always at a public location away from my house.

buyer beware... Hell no !!!!!

seller beware , is the Craigslist motto I go by .... Probably because I'm too honest.

• Like 3