Impact wrench Fight

Rutter

Ok I am partners with Tool Barn and they sent me three impact wrenched to test out and review. I got the makita brushless, the Milwaukee brushless and the dewalt brushless. All 1/2 impacts. They sent me the wrong dewalt so I don't know about it yet but here are my thoughts. The makitas grip is the best. The Milwaukee definitely has more power and feels like it has more power. The makita does have three modes and the Milwaukee only has two. I don't like that you can't feather the makita like you can on the Milwaukee. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

I don't feel bad when new tools come out better than the ones I have. The M18 was the first mainstream brushless high torque impact that I know of. I'd feel worse if Dewalt and Makita had theirs first and the M18 I waited for fell on it's face :lol:. Being newly converted to yellow I must admit it's hard not to want to just buy everything twice and have a full line of both brands lol. Are there boots available for the 20v Max or Makita?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

No boots for DeWalt, poor fella ? 20160830_201630.jpg

Are you saying the Makita doesn't have a variable speed trigger???

It does have variable speed but if you go to tap the trigger a quick the motor does not respond. It is part of their design.  

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I just got the Dewalt and I love it, thing drives hard and fast, and at this power level I don't think I'll ever encounter something it won't handle unless the damn thing is welded. 

Only three fasteners it couldn't handle so far and one was an impeller not a fastener.

• Like 1

Ok I am partners with Tool Barn and they sent me three impact wrenched to test out and review. I got the makita brushless, the Milwaukee brushless and the dewalt brushless. All 1/2 impacts. They sent me the wrong dewalt so I don't know about it yet but here are my thoughts. The makitas grip is the best. The Milwaukee definitely has more power and feels like it has more power. The makita does have three modes and the Milwaukee only has two. I don't like that you can't feather the makita like you can on the Milwaukee. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Way to go Nick! I'm very interested in the Makita and how it preforms against the other contenders. Looking forward to seeing what type of head to head test you come up with lol.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

Gotta admit I like the look of that makita I own the fuel beast which is a awesome machine I keep in my truck I am looking forward to your thoughts on the dewalt cuz I wanna get that one for wifeys car 

Oh he posted his thoughts on IG a while ago.

• Like 2