Toolbags - Vetos?

StrippedScrew

Had a day off today and I decided to clean up the workshop/garage and I was going through my toolbox well I say toolbox its actually just a plain box with tools thrown in. So I made a decision on buying a toolbag for all the hand tools that I use not every tool just the ones I use, so I started looking at the Vetos and they seem to be marketed around electricians and HVAC techs which I am none off but I do like the upright hand tool storage. My question is does anyone here use one just for storing hand tools and is there cheaper and similar toolbags on the market.?

• Like 1

Just bought one and it arrived yesterday. Have not had a cance to use it as I bought it to use when preforming maintenance at work. Veto has several styles so double check what you want to carry. The tech bags have large pockets for meters. I bought my at jet.com with a 15% coupon in the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparky603 said:

I can barely justify the price of a Veto to myself, much less for DIY home use. The better Husky Pro bags at HD - the heavier-quality black ones -  are a great value, in my opinion, but what's available to you in Ireland, I don't know.

Just the Stanley and dewalt ones are most popular but they are mostly just a big empty pocket with smaller pockets im looking for one with just pockets on both sides.

2 hours ago, 77Ford said:

Just bought one and it arrived yesterday. Have not had a cance to use it as I bought it to use when preforming maintenance at work. Veto has several styles so double check what you want to carry. The tech bags have large pockets for meters. I bought my at jet.com with a 15% coupon in the US.

What one did you buy?

On 9/3/2016 at 2:09 PM, 77Ford said:

You WOULD have a coupon for that!!!

I say Veto is all I'll get for toolbags, gone through several different brands and hated them til i found veto!

Got my OT XL on the right about 3 years ago, and since then, some of the other guys have switched, too, the one on the left is one of the HVAC guys and another guy has a Tech XL closed top.

I like the bottom of the bags with the plastic to keep my stuff dry, working around water...

IMG_20160831_140751771_HDR

• Like 3

11 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

You WOULD have a coupon for that!!!

I say Veto is all I'll get for toolbags, gone through several different brands and hated them til i found veto!

Got my OT XL on the right about 3 years ago, and since then, some of the other guys have switched, too, the one on the left is one of the HVAC guys and another guy has a Tech XL closed top.

I like the bottom of the bags with the plastic to keep my stuff dry, working around water...

IMG_20160831_140751771_HDR

I like the OT XL, that is on my list... 

• 1 month later...

I have an OT LC and a regular LC. 

I bought the OT LC a few years back and used it for a while, and then stopped for whatever reason. I recently had a dewalt backpack that was okay. It was too big for my needs. Just went to the LC and absolutely love it. Veto really makes the best tool bags out there. I think you'd be hard pressed to find one that is completely destroyed...

• Like 1

I use Veto MCT for my daily service bag. I had a larger Veto Tech LC for my less used specialty stuff and a Veto Tech Pac for climbing. The problem with Veto is that they are bloody heavy bags. I actually use a Klein electricians bag/Pac now for my secondary bags. It's so much lighter and and still very durable. I don't think I would ever buy another bag without a plastic bottom.
Veto is hands down the best bag imo, but very bulky and heavy. I can fit the same tools into a much smaller and lighter bag. Sometimes weight and size are more important.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3fe1e704250dc3b950d65bbf167f1855.jpg

I've got the Tech LC. It's a bit large for a service type bag. I think I'm gonna pick up the TP3 pouch and keep the essentials in that. The Tech LC can fit a bunch of electrical type hand tools along with some testing equipment.

I guess it would depend on what type of hand tools you plan to carry and for what type of work. The bags are great, I'm gonna stick with Veto. Other bags I like are the open top bags from Stanley. You might have to do some customizing yourself to fit your needs, but the Stanley bags are cheap. Husky is good too as well as clc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 10/9/2016 at 2:49 AM, 77Ford said:

Some one stole mine....I miss it emoji31.pngemoji31.png

Tough Tool Reviews on Instragram

Sorry to hear that man, I would be sad too.

I few weeks ago, someone broke into our shop and stole a bunch of tools along with our Chevy Utility Truck. He took my Milwaukee Fuel Impact and Hammer Drill Kit and a small bag of various hand tools. Somehow, he didn't see my Veto, thank god. The bag along with all the tools in it are around $800. I tried to get the video of the burglar but our security system deleted the video already

9 minutes ago, 77Ford said:

Sorry for your loss....my loss was around $400.....but I only had it for a month. Best tool bag on the market.

Tough Tool Reviews on Instragram

I'll sell ya my OT LC if your interested?

I only used it for a little over 3 months.

Its been sitting in my garage for 4 years collecting dust.

56 minutes ago, plumbfitter said:

I'll sell ya my OT LC if your interested?

I only used it for a little over 3 months.

Its been sitting in my garage for 4 years collecting dust.

If it's for sale, I'll pass the word around here at work