Pro Tool Reviews actually suck his hand in the Bosch React Saw

DR99

1 hour ago, LarryS said:

NO WAY I would try that.

What if??? Machine Malfunction comes to mind.

One pays a big premium for this type of saw, "malfunction" is NOT a option! Doing it on purpose, is another thing. However, I am going to look deeper in to the warranty, and guarantee of these saws. I am worried about the technology that allows the owner to disable the safety function, in order to cut wet wood, and that option to malfunction. In closing, I think both are innovative technologies, and I hope they don't stop making these safety features better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WigWagWorkshop said:

One pays a big premium for this type of saw, "malfunction" is NOT a option! Doing it on purpose, is another thing. However, I am going to look deeper in to the warranty, and guarantee of these saws. I am worried about the technology that allows the owner to disable the safety function, in order to cut wet wood, and that option to malfunction. In closing, I think both are innovative technologies, and I hope they don't stop making these safety features better.

Don't get me wrong. I really think the saw stopping technology is a really good idea. But I'm not going to test something on purpose like the saw just to prove a point. I also hope they continue to improve the technology. Still..... I've seen big machinery malfunctions before that cost alot more than that saw does.

I like my 1970's Powermatic table saw. I know that it doesn't have any of the safety features on it. I just have to be alot more careful. I have to watch and think of what I'm doing. 

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I didn't say my whole finger or hand lol just flesh on the tip of one, patch it up and life goes on

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any problems watching anyone else test the saw out to see if it stops. It's just not for me. I wouldn't do it.  

Just post pictures!!! LOL

• Like 2

I don't have any problems watching anyone else test the saw out to see if it stops. It's just not for me. I wouldn't do it.  

Just post pictures!!! LOL

Knock on wood, I haven't had a run in with the band saw, 50 hours a week you make friends with the blade lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I didn't say my whole finger or hand lol just flesh on the tip of one, patch it up and life goes on

Jimbo

Exactly, I'd risk taking a chunk out of my finger. I've done it before, didn't really hurt tbh.

wNvGLZi.jpg

Also hit the bone on another finger with a knife when I was in high school, again not that bad...just bloody.

The only problem is A concord carpenter had a problem with both of the saws he got as review units having issues with power. The variable blade speed seems to be the issue.

Couple guys had this issue, even heard it slowing down bad on smaller dimension hardwood

Jimbo

16 minutes ago, kruton said:

It would have been hilarious if someone would have been below the camera squirting streams of fake blood in front of the camera!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That or lemonade ;)

id definitely be the lemonade guy if that'd happen to me!

• Like 1