M12 Beast Circ Saw.

MikeOTT

Imagine what a really good blade would do, I destroyed the stock Milwaukee blade going through a subfloor, going to get a Diablo blade and see how it performs. 

I know the Milwaukee blade is quite good, but I think there are better ones out there

• Like 1

I've got a question for those with this saw on both sides of the ocean.

The US version of this saw says that it has a 10mm arbor.  The European (and presumably Aussie) version (with the DC port) says that it has a 20mm arbor.

Are there two different spindle sizes for these saws in addition to the different blade guards?  I'm seriously contemplating ordering an international version of this saw, but I don't want to get stuck with an oddball spindle that I can't find blades for.  Then again, there seem to be 20mm and 10mm arbor 5 3/8" saw blades, so...

the great thing about a saw of this size is you already know it won't do everything  having a blade or two is really all you need... nothing beats grabbing a light saw to cut something on a vertical that doesn't weigh much

13 minutes ago, phffter said:

is that unit p/n 2530-20? i acquired one, not impressed. bogs on 1/4'' plywood, tripping the internal protector. new unit, new blade. i forgot what i traded for it. if i bought it, it would have been returned.

1/4 inch ply? That doesnt sound right...

What kind of battery were you using?

9 hours ago, phffter said:

is that unit p/n 2530-20? i acquired one, not impressed. bogs on 1/4'' plywood, tripping the internal protector. new unit, new blade. i forgot what i traded for it. if i bought it, it would have been returned

yeah gotta use the bigger battery. It's like trying to run the miter saw with a 3ah m18 pack

9 hours ago, dwain said:

It should smash 1/4" ply. Also, in Australia and elsewhere it is specified as a 140mm blade, which is actually 5.5". I wonder why it's called 5-3/8"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's a weird thing but if you look on Amazon for Diablo blades for example you can get a 5.5" 18t but 5-3/8" 16t, 24t and 36t blades. In my experience they are nearly identical but the 5-3/8" blades tend to leave a tiny uncut strip when cutting 2x4 lumber, with my old Ryobi mini circ,  especially swollen wet pressure treated. It's no big deal but if given the choice I'd prob go 5-1/2" just for that little bit extra.

nice review btw..

What is it's limits? Would it easily go through 3/4" ply or is that going to start pushing it?

Id say it'd do a bit of 3/4 ply ok , but wouldn't like doing it continuously. It can cut 3/4" MDF, which is a harder task I presume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1