2016 TIA AWARDS - USER CHOICE

JimboS1ice

Alright guys, I have the honor of helping Dan and Eric put the survey together for this years User Choice Tool Awards, so the crew gets to vote based on what we put together but with that being said I want to make sure we hit as much as we can, so place some suggestions here, be specific down to the model if you can or branding if its a bit i.e. Dewalt Max Fit, now we are going to have the obvious ones so try to think outside of the box on this one! Thanks for the help in advance, this is so cool we get to do this, what other site has user choice awards?

• Like 7

Hmm drill bits like the auger style Bosch daredevil, irwin speedbor max, Milwaukee ones.

Maybe hole saws such as the new DeWalt carbide tip, the Milwaukee big hawg, Bosch carbide.

How about tape measures? 

Jobsite tool boxes, tough system, Ridgid stacks, Stanley maybe

Am I on the right track?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Hmm drill bits like the auger style Bosch daredevil, irwin speedbor max, Milwaukee ones.

Maybe hole saws such as the new DeWalt carbide tip, the Milwaukee big hawg, Bosch carbide.

How about tape measures? 

Jobsite tool boxes, tough system, Ridgid stacks, Stanley maybe

Am I on the right track?

Auger style including paddles, self feeds, speed bore max?

There's so many obvious ones like flexvolt, m18 hd, and various blades/cutting bits and We were told not to pick an obvious one. It will be hard to pick one that isn't obvious. What about the new storage solutions from dewalt and milwaukee and husky..

Yea all the big heavy hitters are already accounted for they will be in the awards we are just looking for the things that get pushed to the side sometimes like storage and what not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The thing with battery tech, the tool companies, from what I understand doesn't really "invent" anything.  They just use what the suppliers have available, although the Flex-Volt stuff is pretty neat in the way it uses those batteries.  From what I learned from AvE teardown, the batteries are just Panasonic, Samsung, or some other company.

• Like 1

I'd like to see an award for 'biggest mover in battery tech'.

e.g. Metabo Li-HD, Dewalt Flexvolt, Milwaukee M18 9Ah and M12 6Ah, EGO 7.5Ah 56V....

seeings we are buying a lot of these tools from different brands

I'd like to see an award for best promotion of 2016 (who gave you the best deal of the year!)

Good ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keter folding work bench. My daughter bought me one last year for Christmas and it is the handiest little bench when you have to take the tools to the work.  Rockwell Blade runner table saw. it's small, light weight, powerful and can be used for wood or metal Has a dust port for the shop vac and weighs almost nothing when compared to other table saws. 

• Like 1