New tool releases from Milwaukee

KnarlyCarl

Hmmm, I'm officially back at zero impact wrenches so I need them all. I'm thinking the 2763 to start for general shenanigans, then the 3/8 m12 for sheet metal, the compact one key 1/2" for concrete and most dissasembly, the right angle impact wrench because that is awesome, the new mid size for overhead stuff and not breaking my shoulders, and the 3/4" for chassis work and working on class 8 trucks.

Personally, I would hold off on the 2763 at this point @Stercorarius, I'd bet we see a second gen high torque at NPS. Especially with the mid torque already revealed. Plus Dewalt and Makita have theirs out now so I'm sure Milwaukee wants to put some bigger paper numbers up (they love on paper specs if my 2704 is anything to go by). The 2860 and 2861 mid torque model numbers slot in nicely next to a hypothetical 2862, 2863, 2864 and 2865. 

So you guys might not know it, but there is a mathematical formula that tells you how many of a tool you should have. N+1. So N equals the amount of the tool that you currently have and +1 means you need 1 more of that tool. So it looks for impacts like. Number of impacts owned +1 more impact = the amount you should own. The best part is you can plug whatever you want into the N spot in the formula and math doesn't lie so you know it's legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

14 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Nah, it's nothing, just thought I'd put that there in case you missed it, which it appears you had :D

At this point in time, not sure I see what's so special about the tapes besides being smaller, but if they don't hold up as well, i don't want them....we shall see. Also very interested to see the new Dewalt tapes..

new tapes?

15 hours ago, tcoscarelli said:

So you guys might not know it, but there is a mathematical formula that tells you how many of a tool you should have. N+1. So N equals the amount of the tool that you currently have and +1 means you need 1 more of that tool. So it looks for impacts like. Number of impacts owned +1 more impact = the amount you should own. The best part is you can plug whatever you want into the N spot in the formula and math doesn't lie so you know it's legit.

I can confirm this is correct.

• Like 1

Anybody have any idea if they will come out with an M18 Fuel circular saw, for 7-1/4" blade with the blade on the LEFT? I am really considering one of them with the blade on the Right for now, being that they are at HD with a 9.0 battery for $250. But I will be disappointed if I buy that now and they announce shortly hereafter that they are gonna come out with the same one but with the blade on the Left.

Anybody have any idea if they will come out with an M18 Fuel circular saw, for 7-1/4" blade with the blade on the LEFT? I am really considering one of them with the blade on the Right for now, being that they are at HD with a 9.0 battery for $250. But I will be disappointed if I buy that now and they announce shortly hereafter that they are gonna come out with the same one but with the blade on the Left.

I don't think they'll do that, if they come out with a new 7-1/4" saw it'll just be an upgraded version of the existing one similar to the Sawzall transition from brushed to fuel to one-key. The overall design didn't change in any drastic way and changing the blade to the other side would be considered drastic and require them to create some completely new components instead of just upgrading internals.

I don't think they'll do that, if they come out with a new 7-1/4" saw it'll just be an upgraded version of the existing one similar to the Sawzall transition from brushed to fuel to one-key. The overall design didn't change in any drastic way and changing the blade to the other side would be considered drastic and require them to create some completely new components instead of just upgrading internals.

Not entirely true, the 6 1/2" model sports the same motor as the 7 1/4" once makita releases their x2 hypoid you might see some cordless worm drives but who knows

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, JimboS1ice said:

Not entirely true, the 6 1/2" model sports the same motor as the 7 1/4" once makita releases their x2 hypoid you might see some cordless worm drives but who knows

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was thinking about the cost of producing new shoes, blade guards, and the outer housing just to move the blade to the other side. If they just want to make an improved version they'll likely want to keep as many existing parts as possible to reduce costs and parts. A cordless worm drive saw would be a new product so if they have to start from scratch that would be the time to make a decision like blade side. Their corded worm drive saw has a left side blade, so if they go cordless with it then they would likely retain the left blade position.

Why does Milwaukee make it so difficult to stop buying their stuff

MILWAUKEE_ManufacturerAd_1 Image

• Home
  • MILWAUKEE-48-22-8112
Image for MILWAUKEE-48-22-8112 from Acme Tools
NEW

Mouse over above image to zoom.

Milwaukee_150.jpg
Shop MILWAUKEE

Electricians Work Pouch w/ Quick Adjust Belt

MILWAUKEE-48-22-8112

Milwaukee work gear is nothing but heavy duty. Designed with professional tradesmen in mind and built with 1680 denier nylon, riveted seams, and all metal hardware, Milwaukee work gear is up to 5X mor... read more

Rating:

Availability
 Arriving Soon!

Warehouse acquiring product. Usually ships in 7-10 business days.

SHIPPING & HANDLING

List: $60.00
Now: $39 .99

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vaultman said:

Look at it this way. The 9.0 Starter Kit is $249 same as the kit with the 7-1/4" saw. You're getting the saw for free so if they do eventually release a left blade 7-1/4" you're not out any money because the saw was free and then you can buy the bare tool left blade saw.

Nah, it's nothing, just thought I'd put that there in case you missed it, which it appears you had [emoji3]

At this point in time, not sure I see what's so special about the tapes besides being smaller, but if they don't hold up as well, i don't want them....we shall see. Also very interested to see the new Dewalt tapes..

Those dewalt tapes do look nice I will say. But the belt clip looked like a ripper clip from the first image I saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro