New tool releases from Milwaukee

KnarlyCarl

On 1/21/2017 at 2:19 PM, justinkendall said:

I actually love that level. Unfortunately I left mine at a relatives new house attached to the tv mount I put up when they pissed me off while helping them move and I am no longer on speaking terms with them so I'll never see it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is the circular section the looks like a fan blade for?

On 11/20/2016 at 1:31 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

Here's a few minor releases from Milwaukee that's not exactly the forefront of what you might see

I actually bought a few things....

The new plumber's level is awesome!!

The Empire level I bought as well to compare, it will play second fiddle to the Milwaukee though.....

IMG_20161118_174759106

Love the enormous vial, the strong magnets and the compact but sturdy design. I had the previous level which I wholly disliked, but kept using it just because i kept putting off getting a new one.

If anyone didn't already know - Milwaukee now owns the Empire level company. There products should now be very similar in construction. I love Milwaukee but I think they could lower there pricing on the levels a tad.

Source Straight from Milwaukee: https://www.milwaukeetool.com/press-releases/milwaukee-tool-acquires-the-empire-level-business 

• Like 1

Yea I only have milwaukee, dewalt, and bosch cordless so until now bosch was my only option.  I hade debated a m12 rotary tool too but for what I need it for I just wasn't sure how it would perform.  They aren't a tool I would use everyday but sometimes I have to grind a weld that a regular grinder just can't reach.  Usually a square corner that a 4" round disc can't get in.

M12 rotary rocks dude but I wouldn't use it to replace a full sized die grinder

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daniel Julian said:

Yes. It's on the previous page.

I actually don't use a toilet auger very much, and a urinal auger even fewer times

23 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Hmm hmm nice I might just have to get this...

I am soooo buying this. Working in apartments I use a toilet auger weekly. Will be interesting to see how it breaks down for cleaning and cable replacement. I keep my current auger in a yard waste bag because it doesn't easily disassemble for cleaning and tends to stink. The Ridgid ones last me about a year.

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

New knives coming..

http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-lockback-knife/

Milwaukee-Lockback-Knife-48-22-1940.jpg

I never really liked lockback knives.  I'm always afraid that I'll push the lock when I'm pushing down hard to cut something.  A while ago, I had a Kobalt utility knife that had the blade release button right on the back of the blade and it was really dangerous as the blade kept popping out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, khariV said:

I never really liked lockback knives.  I'm always afraid that I'll push the lock when I'm pushing down hard to cut something.  A while ago, I had a Kobalt utility knife that had the blade release button right on the back of the blade and it was really dangerous as the blade kept popping out.

4 hours ago, justinkendall said:

Not a fan. I'm so use to using a thumb stud and one hand to open and close a knife that this would be pretty annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm completely unfamiliar with lockback knives, never heard that term before.. I guess it's like an old school pocket knife? Something Grandpa would have in his pocket to cut twine off bales of hay.

An interesting little tidbit from Stuart:

Deployment is done via nail nick, which means two-handed opening. (You should always be aware of your local knife laws and regulations.)

I wonder if the absence of a thumb stud is to cut down on unneeded added costs, or to purposefully make this a slower-opening knife.

Does that mean it can be sold in NY and other areas? Home Depot says that they cannot ship the FastBack knife to AK,GU,HI,NY,PR,VI, presumably because of the button release and one-handed wrist-flick opening. They don’t the same about the Hardline.