New tool releases from Milwaukee

KnarlyCarl

On 1/13/2017 at 0:01 AM, SetBuilder said:

I still like the Ridgid tool boxes better. You can leave them in the back of a pick up truck and not worry about the rain, plus you can stand on them.

I definitely like my Ridgid stacks very much, since i put all my cordless items in them. My hand tools don't exactly add up to needing that large of a storage case like this new Milwaukees. I use a Milwaukee 13" box for my daily service box when I go into houses, anything bigger would be a complete nuisance.

On 1/13/2017 at 10:46 AM, justinkendall said:

Look at it this way. The 9.0 Starter Kit is $249 same as the kit with the 7-1/4" saw. You're getting the saw for free so if they do eventually release a left blade 7-1/4" you're not out any money because the saw was free and then you can buy the bare tool left blade saw.

I pulled the trigger on this today. Went to the store, and they said they don't have any of them in and probably wont again. They almost Sold Out on day one, and the sale ends at the end of the month. So I went online and order it. Should be here in a week. Thanks for talking me into it...

• Like 2

I pulled the trigger on this today. Went to the store, and they said they don't have any of them in and probably wont again. They almost Sold Out on day one, and the sale ends at the end of the month. So I went online and order it. Should be here in a week. Thanks for talking me into it...

It's really a great deal dude even better if you flip the saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/13/2017 at 10:19 AM, SevenOddosFence said:

To me the tools take a beating in the bags - I love the Milwaukee hard red cases 

The hard cases Milwaukee's equivalent to Ridgid pro boxes and DeWALT tough system?

On 1/12/2017 at 10:28 PM, jtkendall said:

I don't think they'll do that, if they come out with a new 7-1/4" saw it'll just be an upgraded version of the existing one similar to the Sawzall transition from brushed to fuel to one-key. The overall design didn't change in any drastic way and changing the blade to the other side would be considered drastic and require them to create some completely new components instead of just upgrading internals.

one key circ saw. hmm

9 hours ago, Bremon said:

They're muscling into crowded markets lately it seems. Must be decent margins in lasers. Or maybe they've added a bottle opener or a wire stripper to them to disruptively innovate the segment. 

LOL yeah trying to have too many functions into one tool, worked great for that torpedo level...NOT!

48-22-5109.jpg

12 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

New laser distance meters coming

I wonder if this will pair with an app that does layout. I've seen flooring estimators that use a Bosch unit that connects via Bluetooth to an ipad and the app quickly makes (with a little help) a diagram of the interior of the house. I could see where this would be useful to me in estimating amount of baseboard, crown molding or for a kitchen layout.

• Like 1

LOL yeah trying to have too many functions into one tool, worked great for that torpedo level...NOT!

48-22-5109.jpg

I actually love that level. Unfortunately I left mine at a relatives new house attached to the tv mount I put up when they pissed me off while helping them move and I am no longer on speaking terms with them so I'll never see it again.

23 minutes ago, justinkendall said:

I actually love that level. Unfortunately I left mine at a relatives new house attached to the tv mount I put up when they pissed me off while helping them move and I am no longer on speaking terms with them so I'll never see it again.

Well if you say so ...

• Like 1

As I was dragging out the old air hose today to get that last spot my fuel grinder couldn't, I was thinking I wish milwaukee would make a cordless die grinder.  While I've considered a bosch cordless die grinder my tools and batteries are limited in that line up and they aren't my everyday tools.  I'm going to be broke come February between this and the new mid torque impact wrench.  Hopefully it's available in a bare tool.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Biggie said:

As I was dragging out the old air hose today to get that last spot my fuel grinder couldn't, I was thinking I wish milwaukee would make a cordless die grinder.  While I've considered a bosch cordless die grinder my tools and batteries are limited in that line up and they aren't my everyday tools.  I'm going to be broke come February between this and the new mid torque impact wrench.  Hopefully it's available in a bare tool.

My knowledge in that area is limited so I couldn't tell you who does or doesn't make a cordless die grinder, and sterco confirmed that no one has it in brushless.

I kinda think of it as a large rotary tool.

Yea I only have milwaukee, dewalt, and bosch cordless so until now bosch was my only option.  I hade debated a m12 rotary tool too but for what I need it for I just wasn't sure how it would perform.  They aren't a tool I would use everyday but sometimes I have to grind a weld that a regular grinder just can't reach.  Usually a square corner that a 4" round disc can't get in.