Portacube Fad or Fashion?

comp56

I was wondering the samw... Woodcraft had these on sale this weekend.

it seems to me to be pretty stout, i think if you have a small storage spot after you park the mini van this may work. I know those 

big miter saws take up some space. 

Curious if someone has it, maybe they (TIA) can do a review......

if your selling point for tight spaces, you could use a different setting in the video, looks that guy had tons of space.

thanks for the vid Comp ...

Sorry Carl..... I was typing Comp in my head, then I sidetracked and opened my notifications and saw KnarlyCarl.

oops..... time to start drinking, and put this train back on course......

edited post, cuz I'm a dumb ass

• Like 3

I'm with "Not Carl" on this one. I think for a DIY type this would be great for storage. I have the fast cap extensions for my Kapex and they are really useful for material support but I think for a small shop or a garage in use, the smaller extensions would be pretty cool, plus the mitersaw roatator do hickey is kind of neat. I wouldn't buy it for my shop but that is because I have designated, actually who am I kidding? I don't even have a shop yet, are for my miter saw and am possibly building a station for it.

It might be a good solution for some people. I like the idea as traditional miter saw stands, even the folding ones, are awkward to store. You could slide that under a workbench and free up valuable wall space as well.

That said, while $300 isn't out of reason, a lot of people aren't going to pay $100 more than they can get a nice fold up stand for. 

I do like the concept though 

23 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

I see it's purpose but I'm a fan of building your own stands, little bit of brain power and you could easily make something to a similar effect at much less cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good call, someone built a flip stand with planer on one side, miter saw on the bottom, then added wings like you see with this portamate one.

It was based off FixThisBuildThat's design

Kind of like this:

DIY-Flip-Top-Tool-Stand-f-1.jpg

Good call, someone built a flip stand with planer on one side, miter saw on the bottom, then added wings like you see with this portamate one.

It was based off FixThisBuildThat's design

Kind of like this:

DIY-Flip-Top-Tool-Stand-f-1.jpg

I think I remember seeing @builtbyn8 post on one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what to think about this unit.  I know its not for me, but it looks like a viable option to a miter saw stand.  At the very least, its a bit more versatile than a miter saw stand.  Did you notice that they didn't show this unit with a sliding miter saw on it.  That maybe a bit more cumbersome with the rails hanging out the front.