Whats your favorite electrical tools?

grampage

2 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Anyone ever used these RJ45 crimpers from Legrand? They were $100 ?

20161212_113057.jpg

I have ... fairly stout if I remember correctly, I have a really old ratchet style I bought 20 years ago from Jensen that have held up well. Of all the crumpets I have used,..... As long as the crimp feels smooth, you shouldn't have any troubles 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BababooeyHTJ said:

Those look exactly like the platinum tools crimper that I have. Regularly half that price at adi iirc

They work great.

https://m.adiglobal.us/h5/pdp?encodedPath=%2FPages%2FProduct.aspx%3Fpid%3DTS-100004C%26category%3D7210

Oh wow those are identical. 

I've had my southwire autoranging multimeter So i would have to say that it is my favorite elec-chickens tool, but hopefully when i have a well paying job i would like to buy a high end fluke meter like the fluke 87 and some other thing like and oscilloscope. Im more of like a hobbyist than a house electrician even though i still have some basics of changing out outlets and installing dimmer and stuff like that.

• Like 2

has anyone tried any green lee hand tools?

I've used their wire strippers, and screwdrivers in the past. Keep in mind this was about 12 years ago. But similar to Klein. Im always going to be a Klein screwdriver guy. I was raised on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

Also Greenlee's K/O punch tools are untouchable. They have a lot of high quality tools out there, so I think they would be worth giving a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I gotta agree with the hole punch tool, eventhough its the only hole punch I have been training with, i love it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, boyddavid said:

I get great pleasure when using the product from Milwaukee, but for the use they are very expensive homes. I use only a service tool at work.

Yes, the Milwaukee are very expensive homes? You only use a service tool at work? Are you a robot? Does not compute

• Like 3

I'm in the industrial and commercial side of things and a few of my favorite tools are 

1. Channellock 440 tongue and groove pliers. They are cheap and solid. I use them as a hammer sometimes (beating on locknuts). I use them for 1/2" to 2" pipe.

2. Ideal reflex super T-strippers

3. Klein demolition screw driver.

4. Klein 11 in 1 screwdriver 

I buy mostly American made and think Klein and Ideal are great, but Milwaukee has a lot of affordable innovative options that are made overseas.

• Like 3