Milwaukee support unresponsive?

dwasifar

What has your experience been with Milwaukee support?

I ask because they haven't impressed me recently.  I wrote them asking if they could recommend an alternative replacement part for a jig saw shoe that showed in catalog as obsolete, and they sent me a reply that clearly showed they weren't paying attention.  (The reply was, "There is no rip fence for this saw.")  Shortly thereafter I bought a corded sidewinder 7-1/4" saw (going well out of my way for it); when I got it home and tested it, it was making an odd, ringing metal-on-metal noise.  It didn't sound normal, but to be sure, I called their support line first thing the next morning; the agent couldn't explain it and I was transferred to the tech dept, which went to voice mail.  Left a clear message, but no one called back all day, or ever.  I needed a saw for the next day, so by the end of the day when I hadn't heard back, I took it back to the store and brought home a Makita instead.  

I sent Milwaukee an email complaining about the lack of support and never got a reply.  Sent them a postal letter complaining about the failure to reply and got no response to that either.

Are they riding on their reputation?  Because it sure seems like they don't give a [bleep].

Never put much stock in trying to contact the company directly, always dealt with the reps and the dealers. In your case, you should have contacted the store you bought the saw from and complained to them. Better chances of the store being able to help you, although going out of your way to get it does have its risks, anything you buy from there is that much more inconvenient for you to return. 

5 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Never put much stock in trying to contact the company directly, always dealt with the reps and the dealers. In your case, you should have contacted the store you bought the saw from and complained to them. Better chances of the store being able to help you, although going out of your way to get it does have its risks, anything you buy from there is that much more inconvenient for you to return. 

Yeah, that was the reason I just didn't go to the store and exchange it for another one of the same.  I got it at Home Depot, but not every HD carries the full line of Milwaukee tools.  I tried to order one for local in-store delivery, but HD was having delivery problems, so I wound up driving to the closest stocking store - a 100+ mile round trip.   Milwaukee couldn't be bothered to tell me if the noise was normal, so there was no way to know whether making that trip again to exchange it would be worthwhile. Say I get there and try another one and it makes the same sound, do I conclude that it's normal, or that they shipped a defective batch?  I wouldn't rely on the aisle clerk to have the right answer.  The only practical thing left to do was exchange it for something else at my local store.

On 12/14/2016 at 0:16 AM, comp56 said:

copy this to their facebook page and I'm sure someone will respond...

I don't do Facebook but I had a friend do that.  He said they reached out to him thinking he was me.  He gave them my email last week, they said they'd follow up, and so far nothing.

I have gotten in touch with them once. I got rather short replies and I felt like I was an inconvenience to them.  Not to mention it took me asking three times for them to let me know where my closest authorized repair center was.. Not impressed as I heard from many that Milwaukee has very good customer service. best of luck to you

I don't do Facebook but I had a friend do that.  He said they reached out to him thinking he was me.  He gave them my email last week, they said they'd follow up, and so far nothing.

It's amazing the attention you get from a negative social media poat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, CATERPILLAR said:

Very weird with makita the only time I called they were very helpful and fast  . idk like comp said post it on there fb that would get their attention 

Well, this is about Milwaukee.  I've never needed to call Makita.  

It's been on their FB since Friday, courtesy of my buddy, and they told him they would contact me.  Haven't yet though, and he's out, doesn't want to be the messenger boy anymore, so if they don't respond to me by email I'll just write them off.

If it were me I would be done buying stuff from them why spend hard earned cash to a company if they can't respond to you 

2 hours ago, dwasifar said:

Well, this is about Milwaukee.  I've never needed to call Makita.  

It's been on their FB since Friday, courtesy of my buddy, and they told him they would contact me.  Haven't yet though, and he's out, doesn't want to be the messenger boy anymore, so if they don't respond to me by email I'll just write them off.

If it were me I would be done buying stuff from them why spend hard earned cash to a company if they can't respond to you 

They finally did respond.  They told my buddy in Facebook chat that my email address was invalid, which is not true, because  1) that's how I often communicate with him,  2) that's the address where they eventually responded to me, and  3) it's my $*!@ mail server, I would know if it were down.

But a very nice lady did answer, asking to be told the whole story, which I did, in painfully complete detail.  She replied asking what I need now, and I said Just that jigsaw shoe.  The circular saw ship has sailed.  So we'll see what happens next.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dwasifar said:

They finally did respond.  They told my buddy in Facebook chat that my email address was invalid, which is not true, because  1) that's how I often communicate with him,  2) that's the address where they eventually responded to me, and  3) it's my $*!@ mail server, I would know if it were down.

But a very nice lady did answer, asking to be told the whole story, which I did, in painfully complete detail.  She replied asking what I need now, and I said Just that jigsaw shoe.  The circular saw ship has sailed.  So we'll see what happens next.

Thats good I though they weren't going to respond ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've emailed them twice and they've been really helpful both times. I've also dealt with them via Twitter and they've been pretty quick to get back to me. Usually in a few hours unless I ask them something late at night and then I usually get a response the next day.

• Like 1

Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook have been my go to for contacting most companies whether publicly or privately and it always gets a response. I've dealt with Milwaukee on all three platforms and never had a problem getting answers. It does take a couple of hours for a response because they likely deal with a lot of people per day and have to get answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

An update:

Acting on advice from you guys, I had a friend post on Milwaukee's FB page.  There were some delays, probably because of the holidays, but I can report that Milwaukee eventually came through and generously dealt with the issues I was having.  I am happy with the results, and Milwaukee is definitely no longer on my shit list; quite the opposite, in fact.  It would still have been nice not to have it go as far as it did, but I'm absolutely satisfied with the resolution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwasifar said:

An update:

Acting on advice from you guys, I had a friend post on Milwaukee's FB page.  There were some delays, probably because of the holidays, but I can report that Milwaukee eventually came through and generously dealt with the issues I was having.  I am happy with the results, and Milwaukee is definitely no longer on my shit list; quite the opposite, in fact.  It would still have been nice not to have it go as far as it did, but I'm absolutely satisfied with the resolution.

That's great news!

• Like 1

On 1/30/2017 at 5:46 PM, dwasifar said:

An update:

Nice to hear they took care of the issue, not impressed with the lethargic approach they took tho