Does anyone ever repaint their power tools?

Milwaukee_man_stan

I'm always getting my tools all banged up and dirty, pretty much all my tools are brand new but I've swapped most of them out this year due to me not having the newest model... lol

What I am now trying to do is, Buy, Use  for a year, then sell for whatever they go for on ebay or craigslist and restart the cycle or until a new model come out. Lol

But in order for me to sell my tool I always give a good scrub with some mineral spirits and repaint them it actually works pretty well for me. I was wondering if anyone else painted their corded or cordless power tools and any tips they might give?:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee_man_stan said:

I'm always getting my tools all banged up and dirty, pretty much all my tools are brand new but I've swapped most of them out this year due to me not having the newest model... lol

What I am now trying to do is, Buy, Use  for a year, then sell for whatever they go for on ebay or craigslist and restart the cycle or until a new model come out. Lol

But in order for me to sell my tool I always give a good scrub with some mineral spirits and repaint them it actually works pretty well for me. I was wondering if anyone else painted their corded or cordless power tools and any tips they might give?:)

Clean all the grease and shit off of them . cordless ? U paint the plastic never heard of that . I use wd-40 to clean almost all tool parts .

5 hours ago, CATERPILLAR said:

Clean all the grease and shit off of them . cordless ? U paint the plastic never heard of that . I use wd-40 to clean almost all tool parts .

What I do is take apart the molding then start from their paint all the plastic but not the rubber overmold it looks pretty cool i'll have to take some pics to show you guys sometime.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Nah scratched and dirty tools show character

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ikr I always see all tool brands showing off these new tools and just cover them in dust they should show them being used all scratched up and dirty.

4 hours ago, CATERPILLAR said:

If it is super dirty or greasy, I might use some Simple Green cleaner mixed with some water or some Dawn dish detergent and water on a rag, beyond that some of the Boeshield products to work on rust.

1 hour ago, kruton said:

I've seen people like Jimmy Diresta paint their tools, but I have always been afraid that if I tried to do it they would end up looking like garbage!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I thought some you tubers painted them to avoid free advertising.

I know the ones that are sponsored have their tools everywhere.... I'm curious now if this is the case ????

I thought some you tubers painted them to avoid free advertising.

I know the ones that are sponsored have their tools everywhere.... I'm curious now if this is the case ????

I'm pretty sure that is why Diresta paints his tools. They do look pretty cool painted all white!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guys like Diresta and Jay Bates are not getting paid or free tools, so they painted them in order to avoid giving free advertising. Others will happily accept and use free tools, I think the two companies who are sponsoring the most right now are probably Triton outfitting folks with a lot of tools and DeWALT's giving folks FlexVolt tools to use.

I would never paint a power tool unless it's like the metal housing of the hammer of an impact . I use degreaser and wd40 and sometimes nail polish remover from the wife but I have used the polishing heads on my drimmel to shine them up or use a grinding head and smooth out Knicks and then polish some times I use 3m rubbing compound and wax to shine up the plastics. 

My methods also work great on screwdriver handles clear becomes clear again and faded colors become colorful again it sometimes takes some work but I can work wonders on even the nastiest looking tools. I've bought plenty of used tools solid black and beat to death and now look great wish I had before and after pics. I just renewed a snap on ratchet handle a soft grip that was very bad now looks like new green with black tips and logo not like the new black with green.

I've had to do all my power tools with the methods I listed and have alot snap on,matco,Makita and hilti.