Cordless "worm" style....

Cr8ondt

This was found on Toolguyd's forum, the only details that were given are Q4 and the pic really sucks.....   But looks like a saw made for right handed people :) and has a rafter hook!

Also looking at the pic... where's the battery go? on the side maybe?  That's kinda different.

873b43a4b934e1f1e929fd1ebea7425e89a50e77.png

Upon further investigation.......

• Like 3

Do I spot a DeWALT wheel Barrow with a battery? Appears to have something to do with the wheel. Looks like it is running 20v 3.0 battery. Doesn't look like a flex 2.0/6.0 and is strange they wouldn't go with a 5.0 or 6.0 pack. Don't know if I have seen a more heavy duty wheel on a wheel barrow before. Looks like it will withstand a beating. The metal frame is a nice feature because the wooden handle wheel barrows tend to break.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jronman said:

Do I spot a DeWALT wheel Barrow with a battery? Appears to have something to do with the wheel. Looks like it is running 20v 3.0 battery. Doesn't look like a flex 2.0/6.0 and is strange they wouldn't go with a 5.0 or 6.0 pack. Don't know if I have seen a more heavy duty wheel on a wheel barrow before. Looks like it will withstand a beating. The metal frame is a nice feature because the wooden handle wheel barrows tend to break.

Makita has one with battery powered wheel barrow, only not available yet I don't think

Dewalt Dewalt Dewalt.....that worm drive looks badass and I don't even like em, but I'll buy and try that one...looks like the battery goes on the bottom of the handle ,. Glad it's  blade left and a rafter hook for those who like that set up,not me ,but a lot of guys looking for that . ...happy for them,finally..I assume it will be more powerful then the Flexvolt circ saw..?

....from what I've read the new 20v max XR circ  saw is more powerful and higher rpm then the older 20v one too....

Dewalt's been listening to my endless bitching for this saw to happen, apparently. 

Also a powered wheelbarrow is a decent idea, but I'd like an oversized option with dual wheels, that's when the extra power would really be worth it. I wouldn't think I'd buy one since I don't use one enough to justify but I wonder how much torque it's producing and at what speed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

No, the blade right 7.25". The 6.5" blade left is brushed, not XR. 

So no xr 6.5 saw?

Also DeWALT did a secret update to the brushed 6.5 20v circ saw in 2015. didn't change much but kept same model number and stuff. Thats what I was talking abut.

Yep, I knew you meant the updated 6.5 but it's still not an XR. The 20v XR saw that I expected to be the 6.5 ended up being the new 7.25 unfortunately. I didn't anticipate the brushless blade left 60v to be "rear handle" like this...super excited about that. 

36 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Yep, I knew you meant the updated 6.5 but it's still not an XR. The 20v XR saw that I expected to be the 6.5 ended up being the new 7.25 unfortunately. I didn't anticipate the brushless blade left 60v to be "rear handle" like this...super excited about that. 

Yea definitely a dream come true. If Dewalt keeps this up Flexvolt is shaping up to becoming a formidable platform. I just wish they'd stop taking 20v tools and converting them to 60v for literally no reason at all. Take advantage of the voltage or just stop, IMO. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bremon said:

Which 20 to 60 conversions are you talking about specifically @Hugh Jass

The hammerdrill is the same, there's a SDS coming out that is identical between both platforms with the same stats, I think the string trimmer might be a copy as well as the recip but not positive about that one. If it's not that's embarrassing. 

The 996? Not sure why that's available in the 6.0/2.0 kit with 887.

Re: SDS, isn't the 293 a 20v Max and the SDS Max FlexVolt only? Are there more I'm unaware of?

The string trimmer has a noticeable power bump over the new Fuel on 9.0 so I'd be surprised if that's old 20v Max with some lipstick.

Dewalt recips suck so I don't even pay attention to them lol. 

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

The 996? Not sure why that's available in the 6.0/2.0 kit with 887.

Re: SDS, isn't the 293 a 20v Max and the SDS Max FlexVolt only? Are there more I'm unaware of?

DCH-333 will be the 60v lipstick 293 for Flexvolt. Only difference is they gave the metal housing a rubber boot for the flex. 

The problem with the 996 kit in my eyes is it's horribly overpriced compared to the M2 and P2 kits, both of which have crazy sales or bare tool toss in deals all the time. There's also basically no point in time I would choose to have a FlexVolt battery (or M18 HD9.0) on a drill (or impact depending on which battery in your kit is dead), just like I wouldn't want an X2 Makita hammer drill lol, too much bulk.

Re: FlexVolt recip lack of an adjustable shoe just makes it a complete write off for me. Hook would be nice (when I'm tearing stuff down it's nice to be able to easily keep it at arms reach and out of the mess), but with the short stroke of a recip and cost of blades if I'm cutting thinner material I can get 2-3x blade life out of a blade using different sections of it with my Fuel. A penny saved is a penny earned. Plus, despite its big batteries and 54v motor the Makita BL pair have a longer stroke and the X2 Makita is stronger anyway. 

19 hours ago, Jronman said:

found these by the same guy.

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people

The were 2 pictures that were 360 that could be posted.

nothing else new I noticed except maybe those jawhorses.

Those look an awful lot like the Triton superjaws, or that just me? Don't get me wrong, I want Dewalt ones as much as the next guy but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Those look an awful lot like the Triton superjaws, or that just me? Don't get me wrong, I want Dewalt ones as much as the next guy but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Those are Rockwell jawhorses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk