Deleted pics...

SetBuilder

I went through my previous threads and deleted a bunch of pics that I posted.  A painter at my shop posted a pic of a set being built in FB and tagged it. Well it ended up getting picked up by the media and its a big shit storm with possible law suits. He will probably never work in the industry again. I was always pretty careful about what I posted, but just trying to be safe.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, SetBuilder said:

I went through my previous threads and deleted a bunch of pics that I posted.  A painter at my shop posted a pic of a set being built in FB and tagged it. Well it ended up getting picked up by the media and its a big shit storm with possible law suits. He will probably never work in the industry again. I was always pretty careful about what I posted, but just trying to be safe.

Understandable, was he in breech of a NDA or something? You're probably safe here but it is ALWAYS more important to protect your livelihood than to add even the biggest benefit to the community. We'll surely miss the pics but such is life.

• Like 3

Completely understand man. Gotta cover your ass. Your job is way to awesome to lose. 

Even in my line of work I've had times I had to really watch what I posted. My only issue was with the time an article was posted on the main page. All I had to do was explain that articles are written in advance and set to post at a certain time, but it was still a pain in the ass. 

• Like 1

Sorry to read this dude. Have to love the USA. Have to hate attorneys. It's amazing what you can get sued for but it's totally understandable in today's day and age for the need to be liability conscious.  I spend every day of my work week weighing liability. It gets old, I hate to say but glad I'm not the only one looking at those perspectives. 

• Like 1

may not be completely related, but I can understand the importance to some of these conditions. I worked on many different projects that were in very early design stages and procedures were very closely guarded. I have signed many different confidentiality agreements over my career while working or building some things. 

on a personal level, I too don't like people seeing some of my projects before they are complete, not because of any legal issues but because some people just don't have the ability to see the final item when it is in nine parts on a bench. 

You do great work, I loved the pics. I totally get not posting. 

My employer is pretty strict on pictures. Customer projects pics are not allowed at all. Well sites can't be photographed either. They let you take pictures of your own welds an tools, as long as you watch the background.  Only pics I have taken are of my personal tools, but don't share them,

I don't like the policy cause it would make some cool pics. ultimately I understand why the policy is in place. 

The guy who posted the pics was a freelance scenic painter, not a full time employee of the shop. we are jamming right now, 70+ hours last week. 

We were instructed no phones out in the shop. The client hired security to watch the cameras in the shop till work is complete. 

It sucks because we build some crazy stuff. This is something we pumped out in a couple of days, so you guys will just have to see the after, not before.   I switched crews recently and build cooler stuff now :)

• Like 4

business is business folks, social media is stronger than ever before, I used to communicate with a penpal that took 2 months to say hi.......now people are communicating like they are all in the same room....pretty tough to keep secrets now a days.....with ichat, twitter, facebook, mepic, youtube, you name it......

• Like 1

I do a lot of work for a company called DCP productions. They do a lot of the GEICO commercials and I have to sign a ton of papers if I'm working and they are working on something for a client.

I still don't understand why companies are soo hush-hush on such semantical things. I mean, really, whoTF is going to give a crap about the set of a Target commercial? It's interesting to us because of the process involved but we couldn't care less who it's being built for and why. It all seems like a waste of energy and an excuse to give lawyers more money.