New section for Defects, Recalls, etc.?

Jronman

Would it be nice to have a section for posting recalls, defects, etc. on tools? To inform others with the same tool of the issue.

Maybe could include problems/issues with tools that you have fixed yourself?

One in particular that comes in mind is the DeWALT tile saw. A guy at work has one and is having motor issues. He checked in with where he got the saw and was informed that model of saw has been having motor issues. In this case might be something good for those who have said saw just so they can know their motor might be having issues in the future.

• Like 1

I think this would be an awesome idea.  We tried this before and it turned into a bitch thread.  We spent a ton of time moving post and deleting people who were just complaining about a color etc of a tool.  People would come in there and complain about a drill that was 10 years old saying it was junk.

We can try again and see what happens.  What does everyone think about adding a section called Recalls, Defect.

1 hour ago, Eric - TIA said:

I think this would be an awesome idea.  We tried this before and it turned into a bitch thread.  We spent a ton of time moving post and deleting people who were just complaining about a color etc of a tool.  People would come in there and complain about a drill that was 10 years old saying it was junk.

We can try again and see what happens.  What does everyone think about adding a section called Recalls, Defect.

I like the idea myself, if it becomes a problem you could do locked threads but with the recall information posted. I think it's pretty helpful, tons of recall stuff out there that people are using because they don't know it's recalled.

Sounds good.  I went ahead and added recalls.  Right now we don't have a post min but will probably add one if it gets goofy.  I also reordered the forum.  Hopefully, it doesn't mess anyone up.  I just put the tools towards the top because that is where a majority of people go.

Thanks for the ideas and feedback.

• Like 2