Makita Digital Radio works only on mains

Dansugars

Hiya, can anyone help me please. I have tried typing my problem into google with no joy. My makita radio only works on mains power but the battery doesnt power it. I have taken it apart and there is no obvious signs of anything loose. I am not electrically minded but does anyone have any answers that could help me? Is this a common problem and if so how can I sort it?

Thanks

Dan

Sorry Dan, I got rid of the radio and switched to Bosch.  I know you probably did this but the batteries are good?  Also try brushing the connection bars that the battery clips onto, use a light brush or even an eraser to clean those terminals.  Sometimes grease just gets on them and prevents the juice from flowing so to speak.  I finally got rid of mine because of reception problems but I will say the battery terminal always worked on mine.

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest

I bought a makita bmr 102 , 1st one lasted a day! And stopped working ? the screen showed an e and a battery symbol with a line through it , which instructions say is back up batteries , back up and main battery were checked and fine , so had it replaced , the replacement has just done the same after 2 months , all batteries checked again ! I thought that's why you buy makita to avoid this kind of thing so sending this one back too

Well if it's any help, I bought a Bosch PB360. I had the Makita, the Milwaukee M18 Radio and they both sucked. I'm a big Milwaukee guy and it hurts to say that! The new Milwaukee is supposed to be the bees knees but I bought my PB360 and it is honestly awesome. Sound is phenomenal, I wish it had Bluetooth but the audio jack is great and it charges my iPod, iPad and I phone! I have no Bosch 18v tools but am thinking about getting an 18v hammer drill. If I get the Bosch it will charge the batteries too. Still haven't made my mind up on that one though! Good luck, if I can make a recommendation, stay within your battery lineup....UNLESS it's Makita. If it's outside, you can't go wrong with the NEW Milwaukee or the BoschB360. Good luck!

I have to agree the new Milwaukee radio is awesome!!! The old one was average at best. I actually returned my 18V for the 12V because at least it was compact. The only downside to the new Milwaukee radio is the price its over 200 dollars which is pricey compared to the Bosh power box which I have seen on sale for as low as $139.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...