FlexVolt blower DCBL772

Bremon

Just buy bare.........

250 for a FV trimmer with a 3/9 battery

180 for same bare tool.

70 for a battery makes it a no brainer.

Imagine it’s the same for the blower.

Ya, I think the small charger is a non issue for many people but the price point makes it attractive to people just buying cordless OPE for their house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

New to the forum.  I was snooping around Home Depot last night, looking at the upper shelves, and saw a small stock of these new blowers.  I was able to get my hands on one, even though the associate told me they are not supposed to be on display yet.

I haven't used it fully yet, but a few minutes in the garage.  Its got a good balance, and is not too heavy feeling.    It is a bit "whiny" though.

- DT

57818779323__0E2E0438-DCB9-41D0-9824-FA8ED0311517.jpg.18430e57f3b7d4ddebf7ba706ec37c88.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked one up yesterday. 

Took a pic to show how it compares in size to the others. It's the longest with the previous 60v next, then the 20v.

The thing moves a ton of air and feels more balanced and less bulky than the previous 60v one.

20190518_103103_HDR-1.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:45 PM, Hugh Jass said:

...so they throw in a 9ah, great... and then the junk charger?! Get it together Dewalt, ffs this is embarrassing. What's it take 8hrs to charge a 9 on those pieces of shit? 🙄🤦‍♂️

My thing is if you end up with enough different tools in the collection, that you end up with a couple of decent chargers and larger batteries.  So which battery, or which charger my next purchase comes with is not super important.

In fact normally I try to just by the bare tool to save money.

18 hours ago, DewaltLandlord said:

My thing is if you end up with enough different tools in the collection, that you end up with a couple of decent chargers and larger batteries.  So which battery, or which charger my next purchase comes with is not super important.

In fact normally I try to just by the bare tool to save money.

There's nothing decent about Dewalt trickle chargers. As Bremon says if it's not yellow, it's garbage. 

• Haha 1

Perhaps Dewalt figures a person with a blower is just going to charge at end of day and leave overnight, so a slower charge would be healthier for the battery. 
They aren't putting that much thought into it. Dollars and cents my man.

Cheaper slower chargers keeps the kit price down in the range they feel is best to sell.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, The.Handyman said:

They aren't putting that much thought into it. Dollars and cents my man.

Cheaper slower chargers keeps the kit price down in the range they feel is best to sell.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

You really think it costs Dewalt much more to make the yellow charger? I doubt it. 

1 hour ago, framer said:

You really think it costs Dewalt much more to make the yellow charger? I doubt it. 

You really think they spend a red cent more than they think they have to to maximize value for shareholders? Even if it only costs $0.5 more than a 115, then they charge $10 more MSRP and the beancounter and marketing math shows that the $10 higher price point sells X amount fewer compared to the value proposition a competitor has assembled, which results in X missed sales, revenue, profits, etc. 

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

You really think they spend a red cent more than they think they have to to maximize value for shareholders? Even if it only costs $0.5 more than a 115, then they charge $10 more MSRP and the beancounter and marketing math shows that the $10 higher price point sells X amount fewer compared to the value proposition a competitor has assembled, which results in X missed sales, revenue, profits, etc. 

Let's ask Dewalt to settle this! 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Contacted Dewalt bare tool not available, couldn't tell me when it will be available. Dewalt would like to sell you charger and battery, I am not sure why they cannot make the bare tool available I am sure they are not made where the charger and battery are made.

Poor marketing and answer to my question! Not impressed.