Router

firefighter4187

The Ryobi is cheap, does a good job for most applications, and it's made in the USA believe it or not. I would suggest getting the router and table combo from HD for like $99. I've got this router and its a capable tool for the money.

They may have stop selling that combo at HDs........lets just say I know somebody. It might be one of those things that you have to search for at a couple of HDs to find one in stock.

What are the selling in it's place?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-Router-Table-with-1-5-Peak-HP-Router-R163RTA/100618267#.UZcWjsoUsZ4

Was this the one you were talking about?It's oos online I can only figure is its getting updated or they killed it. It's really crazy it was built in the usa though didn't think any tti tools were made here.

That's the one. I have that router, but I have the upgraded table.

Ok, I will come out of the closet.......I run a Hardware Department for Home Depot in Michigan. I think that we caught on that selling this $89.00 dollars in a REALLY GOOD DEAL! They are fazing this out and just are going to sell the table, which is around $99.00 dollars and the router itself which is $59.00 dollars. Any time it says "Out of Stock Online" is a sign that the item is going away. Some HD's may have them on the self if they are left over and others(like mine) sold out the stock we had months ago.

Ok, I will come out of the closet.......I run a Hardware Department for Home Depot in Michigan. I think that we caught on that selling this $89.00 dollars in a REALLY GOOD DEAL! They are fazing this out and just are going to sell the table, which is around $99.00 dollars and the router itself which is $59.00 dollars. Any time it says "Out of Stock Online" is a sign that the item is going away. Some HD's may have them on the self if they are left over and others(like mine) sold out the stock we had months ago.

I have to say one thing that draws me to buy tools more often at HD is the clearance tool rack section. The Lowes by me hardly has anything out and it it is the discount is a joke its often like 20 bucks off the normal price.

Is there currently a corporate wide initiative to revamp the tool section? The ones near me appear to be gearing up to start offering single sockets and such, where before it was pretty much sets only.

Yes! My District(West Michigan) has already transitioned into offering Singles and a larger assortment. The only thing that we don't carry is Individual Deep-Well sockets.