What's on your Father's Day list? And, do you think you'll get it?

Well, as a father of 4 I can tell you it's the thought that makes me smile. As a tool junkie I could sit and ramble stuff off all night, lol.

In no particular order:

Proto ASD Combos 22-28mm

IR W7150

Norseman 29 piece Super Premium Cobalt drill bit set

Proto J5257F 3/8" ratchet

These are the first 4 that come to mind. I'd say I've got a good shot at the drill bit set or the rat. 

BTW, Welcome to our forum :)

My list is slowly getting shorter but I fear that, to woodworkers, that next tool is every bit as addictive as fishing rods, reels, and lures are to fishermen.  Right now I'm looking at pneumatic nailers & compressors, compact fixed/plunge routers, and making my own dust abatement system. That should keep me busy 'till next Fathers Day. As to the source of those tools - my two unreasonable facsimiles are off having kids of their own.  We need a grandfather's day - - Yeah!

I've always used Senco guns. They were affordable and have always given me good service. That being said, I'd love to have the Senco Fusion Finish nailer. For baseboards, trim, moulding, etc., it would be awesome not to have to fool with running air through the house and not paying mafia prices for gas cartridges. In the shop it's no big deal to run air, but in the house it's a PITA

I'd love to have the Senco Fusion Finish nailer.

Most of my nailing will be done in the shop so right now I'm looking at a two gun and compressor kit from Hitachi. The kit (KNT65APR) contains the EC510 compressor, the NT65MA4 15g, angled finish nailer, the NT50AE2 18g finish nailer, plus a hose and a few strips of nails - all for just over $200. Its like getting the compressor free. The reviews I've read put this set somewhere in the above average but less than exceptional quality category. Does anyone out there have experience with this or similar Hitachi equipment?

• 2 weeks later...

Unlike the song, "I'm My Own Grandpa," I bought my own Fathers' Day gift.

I ordered the Hitachi nail guns & compressor set (described above) from Lowes. Got it Wednesday and unpacked it immediately. I put off playing with it until Friday (other irons in the fire). Everything looks, feels, and operates in accordance with expectations and so far I'm very satisfied.

Hitachi does cut one corner in the 3 piece kit. They provide a cheap cloth bag (you can't even call it canvas) instead of the molded cases for the individual nail guns. Guess I'll be looking for cases in all the cheap places. Hitachi also did neglect to provide the little plastic/rubber air coupling covers (don't want sawdust in my nail guns) so I added those (5 for a couple bucks from Harbor Freight).

While I was there (ahem) I also bought their Central Pneumatic 18 ga. 2-in-1 nailer/stapler (68019) for $16.39. It also works as anticipated leaving its ¼" striker marks in the wood. The only way to avoid them (no depth adjustment on this tool) is to reduce the air pressure. Surprisingly,however, it does have both an anti-dry-fire feature and the air coupling cover. I plan to use this tool for the less visible rough work (glue joint nailing etc.) and save the wear and tear on the Hitachi for the higher quality demand finish work.

All I need now is the Hitachi NP35A Pin Nailer to round out my set.

Maybe next Grandfathers' Day!

I've always used Senco guns. They were affordable and have always given me good service. That being said, I'd love to have the Senco Fusion Finish nailer. For baseboards, trim, moulding, etc., it would be awesome not to have to fool with running air through the house and not paying mafia prices for gas cartridges. In the shop it's no big deal to run air, but in the house it's a PITA

I'm a Paslode fan when it comes to the cordless nailers. Nothing wrong with the Senco Fusion though. I was hoping to see that new Ryobi Cordless 18ga nailer reviewed by now if it works good nothing comes close at the 129 price it's selling for as a bare tool.

My Senco set came with a big canvas bag with wheels and an extendable handle, much like a suitcase. It's pretty cool really. Several deep pockets for nail, oil, etc.

Hey - not a bad ides  - especially if I get that pin nailer and several sizes of 15, 18, & 23 gage nails, etc. 

• 4 months later...

I have an old 4 HP ShopVac I bought from Lowes around the turn of the century. My next step in using it with power tools is to create a two stage system by making a separator to go ahead of the vacuum (saves the filter & bags). The problem is the old ShopVac has a top vented exhaust so I can't use it as the core of a system that can be exhausted externally. Oh well, I probably work with hand tools more than with power tools anyway, so its not yet high on my priority list.