I'm not asking for Golf Course Fairway grass but damm people are sloppy.

DR99

Why can't people manage to do basic yard work anymore? I just spend a good 4-6 hours cleaning the yard of a house next door to me I don't even own. They asked me to just cut the grass, but I ended up hacking down some sucker trees cleaning up some old weeds and spraying a crap load of weed killer. The kicker is they are trying to rent the house out looking like that I mean come on people you have to put in some sweat equity in. They got hammered by the city on the rental inspection they have to put in a new electrical service in now also. If you make things look nice they will be more forgiving on issues with the house It's what I have all ways said if you make things look bad for inspectors they will be ruthless. Sorry for what was mostly a rant post, but people are just slobs now.

We have a lot of foreclosed homes in our area with weeds 5ft tall. Every time you go by one you can just picture it rotting away. Our county went from the fastest growing county in the country to having the highest unemployment rate when the recession hit. There is hardly any new construction.

Luckily if you call the city here they send out some one right away to issue tickets for tall weeds and grass. My neighborhood is getting over run with rentals I don't want to paint that all people that rent are bad, but they are not invested in the house like homeowners would. The only other problem is landlords only care about the bottom line. If I leased homes I would have a lawn service build into the cost of the rent.

Yea you can tell around here which homes are rentals the city makes you put a railing to grab onto at the front entrance. If I remember correctly you and Dan live  around the Chicago area? Yea it's crazy how much work I have done for free just so I don't have to look at a turd of a house I cut and edged the grass once for free and put down some weed and feed out on the front lawn just so weeds won't seed on my lawn. Plus they had garbage all over the back yard it just pisses me off. One positive thing is my city is finally patching my street.

I used to use gas powered string trimmers for years they are junk for the most part the I'm talking about the 100 dollar ones at lowes and home depot. My little ryobi 18v sting trimmer is good enough for the trimming I do around my yard. My only complaint is while I have better luck with spooling the line it still is a pain in the ass to do.

I used to use gas powered string trimmers for years they are junk for the most part the I'm talking about the 100 dollar ones at lowes and home depot. My little ryobi 18v sting trimmer is good enough for the trimming I do around my yard. My only complaint is while I have better luck with spooling the line it still is a pain in the ass to do.

Winding string is the most irritating task known to man. I bought a quick change head for my John Deere weed eater and I never looked back.

I need too cut the grass but we have a cotton wood tree behind my house and its just puking white fluff everywhere, and I can't do it till it rains so the crap gets wet and stops floating around everywhere. What pisses me off the peoples property that the tree is on don't have to deal with this crap, and the city can't do crap because the tree is on private property. The other thing is the people that own the property don't want to pay to have it done there is garages everywhere so you might need a crane to remove it so its going to expensive as hell to cut down 5 to 6 thousand dollars.

John Deere makes weed eaters?

Yea, well, someone makes them for JD. It's a good one though. It's about 10 years old and it's never had an issue. That's pretty damn good compared to most other weedeaters I've had. 

:lol: it's in storage or I'd post a pic. It's all yellow, no green on it. I'm sure it's OEM'd by someone else. My dad bought it at a JD Dealer about 10 years ago, used it for 5 and gave it to me. I've been waiting for it to die so I can get a Makita, but it just keeps ticking. It still has the original plug in it.

Yea the new gas string trimmers are pain to use now the epa rules make them run so lean that they are just impossible to start unless you have perfect conditions. I may eventually move over to the ryobi 40v line the have a lawnmower and everything on that platform.