Jump to content

What is This ????


Recommended Posts

It looks to me like a device where you  put a padlock through the two holes which locks the curved bits together to restrain something either  chain or gates or something so a small padlock can lock something larger or maybe even a bicycle to a post as an example.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I have been doing some searching all over (even google's image searching).  I can't find exactly what it is but I'm thinking if may be an antique wagon hitch. I'm guessing the center poll going into a hole (like a beam on the front of a wagon) then it folds around the beam. Then it bolts on something.  Here are some links I found that may be helpful:


http://www.farmcollector.com/blogs/blog.aspx?blogid=2147483839 (they have mystery farm tools there)


antique wagon hitch  (google search for antique wagon hitches)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My first thought was tractor-pin or hitch-pin. Doesn't look extremely different from pins used today on tractors. looks like it locks a connection to me. So, I'd have to agree with Harold. We find things like this on our farm all the time.


I am interested in seeing exactly what it is, if it isn't a hitch-pin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Member Statistics

    Total Members
    Most Online
    Newest Member
  • Create New...