Quality if DeWalt saw blades

Syd

I’ve never bought a Dewalt table saw so can’t speak to that exact scenario. I’ve had a couple of their miters though and while I had my complaints about them admittedly the blades they came with didn’t do too bad as general purpose blades...but it’s worth mentioning that being general purpose blades is part of the equation.

Although I often change over to Diablo or other “non-stock” blades before too long, I actually do think the “Big 4” Prosumer companies (Bosch, Dewalt, Makita, Milwaukee) all provide reasonably decent factory blades for initial “general purpose“ use (basic, all-purpose wood cutting). They do okay for general wood-working right out of the box. They are NOT going to be particularly specialized for either ripping or cross-cuts...just somewhere in between. They won’t be terribly good for fine-finish work nor are they going to be great for different materials like plastics or metals (unless it’s a tool specifically made for such). So if that’s what you are mostly doing, you will want to look for blades that are optimized for such.

However as you go down in price from those companies the quality progressively suffers. Blades from “DIY” manufacturers such as Ryobi are widely considered quite marginal. Tool makers have to save money on production costs somewhere, and as you go further and further trying to meet price points most manufacturers opt to skimp out on peripherals people will eventually replace with something better anyway and suddenly feel like they have a better tool than they previously realized.

Send a picture of this “low quality” blade ? You sure it isn’t dull? Have you ever sharpened a saw blade before? 

Where is your supporting evidence to your Bogus claim. 

May I ask, do you and the OP have some beef between one and other?
I am just trying to understand your rudeness.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Now I will say that a lot of times, blades may not be dull, but a build up of sap can result from sappy wood and the blade only requires a good cleaning.

As for sharpening a saw blade, I for one have never tried it, as most of the time I have ripped a few teeth off the blade and a new 7 1/4 general purpose blade is a cheap as 10.00 unless you need something fine tooth for finish work.

Now I will say that a lot of times, blades may not be dull, but a build up of sap can result from sappy wood and the blade only requires a good cleaning.

As for sharpening a saw blade, I for one have never tried it, as most of the time I have ripped a few teeth off the blade and a new 7 1/4 general purpose blade is a cheap as 10.00 unless you need something fine tooth for finish work.

I’m currently using Diablo 7 1/4” blades in my 10” table saw to make long rips in Hardie plank. Disposable blades work good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk