Show off your rides!

07Sierra

Well you have a good chance that if you have a Dodge there is a good chance it was built in Warren MI where I live. They were either built in Mexico, Warren or St. Louis they closed St. Louis when they had that little issue of needing some extra cash.

Well you have a good chance that if you have a Dodge there is a good chance it was built in Warren MI where I live. They were either built in Mexico, Warren or St. Louis they closed St. Louis when they had that little issue of needing some extra cash.

Seems like everyone on here lives up in that area, crazyandy, dewalttoycollector, seems like a lot of tool manufacturers plants and headquarters up that way.

Very nice.  I will try another dealer to see what they find.

Eric, if your truck is an ecoboost, get them to look at the plugs and the CAC (charge air controller) There is a problem with moisture building up in them and causing misfires and other driveability issues...  Plugs might have improper gap as well... But the stutter isn't normal... Ecoboost's can and will haul ass at the stab of the throttle and can and will race a new Hemi... and get better fuel mileage to boot...

New Dodge truck is more of a car now then a truck, terrible payload rating, can't haul a decent size camper trailer without airbags, truck sags bad with any load in the box all because of the coil springs... Dodge is moving toward the city truck guy that does nothing with his truck but drive around town, only Ford and GM left to do the work... The salesman at the local dodge dealer said the same thing, Dodge is going after the truck guy who just drives it, looking at a guy who wants it as a car... 

Eric, if your truck is an ecoboost, get them to look at the plugs and the CAC (charge air controller) There is a problem with moisture building up in them and causing misfires and other driveability issues...  Plugs might have improper gap as well... But the stutter isn't normal... Ecoboost's can and will haul ass at the stab of the throttle and can and will race a new Hemi... and get better fuel mileage to boot...

New Dodge truck is more of a car now then a truck, terrible payload rating, can't haul a decent size camper trailer without airbags, truck sags bad with any load in the box all because of the coil springs... Dodge is moving toward the city truck guy that does nothing with his truck but drive around town, only Ford and GM left to do the work... The salesman at the local dodge dealer said the same thing, Dodge is going after the truck guy who just drives it, looking at a guy who wants it as a car... 

I just got my car and driver magazine in, they happened to have the new ford chevy and dodge 1500's in there, they all three averaged the same gas mileage. IMO real trucks dont have spark plugs.

Sounds good.  Thanks for the pointers.  I am going to take it and see. Wish I knew more about engines etc.

Anytime, It a highly documented issue with the ecoboost trucks... Ford come out with a revised CAC and spark plug gap for the trucks, The trucks seemed to have a big variation in gap from the supplier and that caused issues, but mostly was in the CAC which is basically the trucks intercooler... Ford also has PCM updates as well, you can do a bit of research and probably won't take you long to find info

Your Ford dealer should help you out, bring it some info from the net if you can, get them to look into it... If not find another dealer for sure...

I like tools but the auto industry is more my specialty  

My Dodge has 102,000 miles on it. I put a water pump on it at 98,000. Other than that, I've had no issues at all with it.

We are at 85000, Done nothing at all! Except change the oil, Not even new tires, They are BFG all terrain, they just keep going!