Milwaukee Drill Bits + Other Cool Tools

firefighter4187

Nice vid ! You sould try the bosch daredevil spadebit and there bluegranite concrete bit they are realy nice

Thanks Jeth! Yeah Its funny you mention that, I saw a 20 piece daredevil set at home depot I almost bought, I have heard good things about them!

The clamp is primarily for holding together pieces of wood that you've glued. 

I'm digging the Williams adjustable. 

Williams never owned Kobalt. Lowe's alway's owned them. J.H. Williams (owned by Snap-On) made Kobalt tools under contract with Lowe's from the time they came out in 1998 until sometime in 2002 or possibly early 2003. There are conflicting stories about why the relationship broke off. One version of the story is that Lowe's switched to Danaher for lower production price. The second version of the story is that Lowe's basically advertised Kobalt as being Snap-On tools with a different name stamped on them. They did indeed throw Snap-On's name around a lot and on the box they even referenced Snap-On and Williams which is unheard of for a rebranded tool. Snap-On wasn't very happy about it, but is that why the relationship broke? I can't say. They were the best value in hand tools though. 

Williams still has some USA made stuff, but a lot of the production is now Taiwan. Williams is an industrial line and most industrial buyers don't care much about COO. A lot of Government contracts specify US made tools (read up on the Berry Amendment) but Proto pretty much has that market cornered. My 15 piece Proto 1/2" Metric deepwell set was $158. The same set from Williams was $68. I was tempted as they are nice quality for that price, but my Proto addiction got the best of me in the end :) 

Great video buddy 

• 3 months later...

Nice video, Chase.

You remind me of my oldest son. He also has a little side business buying broken things, repairing them and then selling for profit.

Glad to see you love tools! As you're already finding out it can easily become an addiction. But at least in the end, in addition to "the thrill", you end up with something of value afterwards!

I started my tool collection many, many centuries, er, I mean, decades ago. Lol! I inherited a few things from each of my grandfathers (like you), but most came from researching how to do things for myself. I then went out & bought the tool(s) I needed for the job instead of paying someone to do it for me. Over the years it's allowed me to build up a nice collection of things and over a wide range of specialties. It sure made my life easier when starting out as a contractor too.

Watch auctions, garage and estate sales too. Often you can find decent older tools for a fraction of new prices because family members just want to get rid of them.

Best to you!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same drill bit set. I've beat on them for about 3 years. Mostly in wood, but thin metal as well. They're dull now and need to either be sharpened or replaced. I can't complain though, 3 good years of drill bits for $15 isn't bad at all. 

I just now seen the video, good show. Nice gear. I didn't know Bosch and Irwin had cases for their hammer bits and spade bits. I need to get some cases for mine. I wonder if they have cases for the daredevil spade bits too?

Also need a case for my reciprocating saw blades

I just now seen the video, good show. Nice gear. I didn't know Bosch and Irwin had cases for their hammer bits and spade bits. I need to get some cases for mine. I wonder if they have cases for the daredevil spade bits too?

Also need a case for my reciprocating saw blades

I have not seen a case for the daredevils, only a zippered pouch.

• 2 weeks later...

good call on the harbor freight toolbox. I have a us general pro box and compared to similarly priced boxes its a no brainer. Perfect for what I need.

The HF boxes are certainly better quality than my Craftsman box. Thicker metal, better slides, etc. it's the best quality/price ratio out there IMO

• Like 1