Dodge is the best truck, hands down

firefighter4187

I love cummins trucks. Once you go diesel, you'll never go back to a gasser. Even old 94 to 98 dodges are pretty cool in my book. The ford is my play truck. Here is work truck. 81 cab and chassis GMC with a 95 12 valve conversion. 

2011-12-27_10-57-56_422_Sidney.jpg

IMG_9738_zpse8f54044.jpgNi

Nice truck man! Trying to find a cummins in florida for less than 5k without 500,000 miles is impossible, struck a deal on that powerstroke for 5k, hes got a bunch of stuff on that truck so its ready for a cummins, one ton leaf springs, pac break, overdrive at 55 pac break, he made it to tow.

Some of the 12 valves are bad about cracking the blocks. It is only certain casting numbers though but I don't remember it at the moment. I have heard that the 6.0 fords are terrible. I haven't heard much about duramaxes good or bad. The majority of newer cummins are good.

Some of the 12 valves are bad about cracking the blocks. It is only certain casting numbers though but I don't remember it at the moment. I have heard that the 6.0 fords are terrible. I haven't heard much about duramaxes good or bad. The majority of newer cummins are good.

Yes, some of the 12vs were made with a 53 block which had a habit of cracking. Everyone says ford  went down the wrong road when they got rid of the 7.3. Dont here much about Duramax, they are the newest of the 3. 

They are the quickest of the bunch, no doubt about that one. My dad is the bus mechanic for the school district here and they have a newer bus that has a cummins in it and the big weak point on it is the electrical system. The gm sales person stopped there one day and said that to get a new bus with a duramax in it is $10,000 more than the vortec 454. You will never make up that difference over the life of that bus no matter how far it is driven.