DeWalt 20v impact bare tool

firefighter4187

Prices on the second hand market for dewalt tools have really taken a nosedive ever since the xr models came out and lower prices on new brushed models. When I sold my 20v impact kit with 2 compact batteries the best I did on craigslist was $120.

Hey Chase, nice to have you back.  I hate selling stuff, it's such a pain and never seem to get any really good money.  I haven't tried many tools, but with my kids toys it seems that way.  I have been watching prices and ever since the economy took a nose dive, no one seems to be buying tools.  

Hey Chase, nice to have you back.  I hate selling stuff, it's such a pain and never seem to get any really good money.  I haven't tried many tools, but with my kids toys it seems that way.  I have been watching prices and ever since the economy took a nose dive, no one seems to be buying tools.  

Garage sales and powertools are not a good mix, people think i am seriously going to sell my 20v drill driver kit for 15$ are you crazy?

I have done ok selling on craiglist.  It was only a few things I didn't need anymore. The thing is it can take longer than you would hope to sell them for is the down side you get lowballers that want 50% or below retail. Selling something like a bare tool is tough I had a hard time getting rid of a M12 drill I had because it didn't come with a battery or charger. People want something for nothing is what ends up being the real issue.

I do pretty good on craigslist but you have to be reasonable with your price and firm and a lot of patience. Luckily you're selling a dewalt tool and dewalt has a bigger demand than most brands. I have an easier time selling dewalt stuff than Milwaukee or other brand of tools. Pennysaver is good too but there's only so much you can type and no pictures which leads to a bazillion questions when people call. Like right now I have an ad for Milwaukee m12 batteries and charger and this moron called me yesterday asking if I was selling a car battery charger. I just hung up on him.

I've always wanted to try eBay but the jerks want a 10%+ cut. After listing fees, shipping fees and PayPal fees your easily looking at around 15%.

Also have a husky scratch and dent 6 drawer tool box for sale, make me an offer but shipping is expensive because its big and heavy, i need to get rid of it for a bigger and better one, it has never been used and in the box....shipping and all i will sell it for 120 out the door, 200 brand new.

Yea I made the mistake of thinking back in my uneducated too buying days that craftsmen made good boxes. It's not bad but it's not what I really needed either its homeowner grade and too small. I could live with it if Milwaukee came out with a tool storage system like L-boxxes, systainers, tough boxes, t-stacks. That's the way I would like to go being modular and organized so you can pick which pieces you need for the job.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jimjs7434584
    Newest Member
    jimjs7434584