For going through 2x4's what auger bit set do you guys recommend, tuff enough for work sites.

YukonPlumber

Irwin get dull way too fast if your using them a lot. Im a electrician and tried just about all ob them. Irwin cut very fast when new but dull after one nail or so. The longest lasting for me have been the greenlee nail eaters. Currently my favorites are the bosch because they are 1/3rd the price of the nail eaters but they cut faster and dont last quite as long but thats ok with the lower price since I can buy about 3 for the price of 1 greenlee.

Havent tried the Milwaukee yet but looking at the design they are going to be slow like the greenlee.

• 2 weeks later...

I have wondered if those are any different/better than the regular Speedbor....

speedbor max are much better than the regular speedbor but it takes more power to run these bits though. The larger sizes will easily stall cordless drills on high speed.

If you're talking about the regular speed bor max versus the bi-metal speed bor max then they should perform about the same with the bi metal bits having the extra durability to endure nail embedded wood

• 4 months later...