DeWalt Hot Glue Gun

firefighter4187

Glue gun is a nice addition, but I agree that an 8V model would have been cool. Wouldn't have lasted very long, but it would have been cool. A 12V version would be workable, though it would work out better with the small Milwaukee pack.

Bosch has some cordless glue guns on the other side of the pond, but it looks like they have little interest bringing it here. It would be perfect for skill to have it anyways.

There's a thread on here somewhere about that very thing. Mostly the Bosch Green Line and Makita's Japanese catalog. There are some interesting products we don't have here.

It would be the Milwaukee 8v fuel 100 in 1 glue gun with a multi tool, spork, nail clipper, nose and ear trimmer, wire striper, nail file, fly swatter, butt scratcher, bottle opener, weed wacker, etc all in one tool with bluetooth.

Not to mention, it will get you a fresh beer....but I think for a tool that complex, it will need a flux capacitor capable of producing 1.21 jiggawatts.....otherwise, it will be way underpowered...just saying.

• Like 1

All Dewalt hand-tools at THD have a lifetime warranty and are supposed to be treated just like a Husky warranty. In fact, Home Depot no longer carries Husky tape measures for this reason as all the Dewalt tape measures are exchangeable in store. That is the company line, your success at each store may be limit as change is slow and most people won't be aware of this.

All Dewalt hand-tools at THD have a lifetime warranty and are supposed to be treated just like a Husky warranty. In fact, Home Depot no longer carries Husky tape measures for this reason as all the Dewalt tape measures are exchangeable in store. That is the company line, your success at each store may be limit as change is slow and most people won't be aware of this.

Joe i have always wondered, and have yet to try it, why does thd accept HF coupons?

My hd is super picky. I know they only accept lowes, ace, orchards and I forgot who the other store is (probably Menard's) so I tried using some printed 15% off coupons from ace and they refused to accept them. Said they won't accept any printed coupons from the net. That sucked.

• 2 weeks later...

I used my hot melt glue gun today! I used it to temporarily glue some blocks to some trim to aid in clamping while the "real glue" setup. Tomorrow I will hopefully knock the temporary blocks off. Needless to say the glue gun worked just fine.

• 4 weeks later...

So in the video the fella uses it to glue biscuits. I was building some fireplace mantels today and thought, "hey I'll use the glue gun like in the video". That was a bad idea. The working time is instant. I had to plane the hot melt off and use wood working glue. I'll use the hot melt for temporary application where I have a quick working time.