18V inverter

jonwells

I could see it being useful to run a laptop or charge a cell phone, etc.  Maybe even run my coffee maker while I'm camping.  Maybe we could see a new line of DeWalt tools, "Guarenteed Campsite Tough". 

Who is with me?

Lol.... maybe TTI will scour this site and pickup on it and add it to their 12v Max line!

I could see it being useful to run a laptop or charge a cell phone, etc.  Maybe even run my coffee maker while I'm camping.  Maybe we could see a new line of DeWalt tools, "Guarenteed Campsite Tough". 

Who is with me?

Lol.... maybe TTI will scour this site and pickup on it and add it to their 12v Max line!

They already have a 12v heated jacket... Don't see why they wouldn't stop there. 12v blender anyone?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would love to see an inverter that accepts the DeWalt 18V battery and puts out 110VAC.  Great for the occasional  corded tool use without dragging out a long extension cord.  Couldn't find any 18V-powered inverter on the Internet.

You could make one yourself or use a normal dual voltage car inverter like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Car-DC-12V-24V-AC-220V-Power-Inverter-Adapter-USB-/280713318797?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415bd1518d

For laptop charging, it's a piece of cake to make one using a DC-DC stepdown off eBay. Won't work with new 20v max batteries tho - no low voltage cutoff circuit in the battery.

• 2 years later...

I would love to see an inverter that accepts the DeWalt 18V battery and puts out 110VAC.  Great for the occasional  corded tool use without dragging out a long extension cord.  Couldn't find any 18V-powered inverter on the Internet.

Digging up an old topic.. this is what I joined the forum to look for.

We recently had a power outage and I was using my Dewalt light to be able to see.  I got to thinking that it would be nice if I could use all of my Dewalt batteries to do things like charge my cell phone or plug in a strand of christmas lights to be able to see when the power is out.  Or keep the wireless router going so I could still entertain myself with my iPad or something while I wait for the power to come back on.  :)

I even thought about buying the job site radio because it has plugs on the side, but then I found out that they only work when the radio is plugged in to use as a power strip.

If Dewalt made a power inverter that used the 18 volt batteries to give 110VAC output, I'd be all over that.  :)

I realize that you wouldn't want to run a heavy power application this way, but as other people mentioned it'd be nice when you go camping or are otherwise away from power sources.

• 11 months later...