How do you know the battery on an 18v drill is charged

jrsitman

On the front of the charger there is a key for what all the different blinking codes mean.  Solid red is charged, a consistant  blinking interval is charging, and then different variations of quick and delayed blinks have other meanings (which can be deciphered from the key on the front of the charger).

this guy must work for milwaukee and is trying to rub it in that we cant see how much battery power is left. ;D

in reality, who needs a stupid battery monitor.  unless you're some amateur user. lol  and personally i think its best to not short cycle batteries.  i always use them until they're dead and then recharge, and have never had a battery go bad on me.

ha ha, I dont think the idea of the "fuel guage" is a bad one, Milwaukee should have made sure that it at least works before releasing it!  (kinda like most of their tools).  If DeWalt can make a fuel guage work and continue to work after job abuse and use, than I could see it being a cool feature; not necissary, but cool none the less.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived