DEWALT announced today its Folding Retractable Utility Knife DWHT10035

kanxrus

New Folding Retractable Utility Knife’s Quick Change Button Makes for Swift and Simple Blade Changes

TOWSON, Md.

(April 14, 2011) – DEWALT® announced today the launch of its Folding Retractable Utility Knife (DWHT10035) as part of its new line of industrial hand tools. The DWHT10035 is one of the first hybrid folding retractable utility knives on the market. It combines the space savings capability of a folding utility knife with the convenience and functionality of a traditional retractable utility knife.

“Today’s utility knives tend to be either folding or retractable, but with the launch of the DWHT10035, we are offering a solution that provides the best of both worlds,†said Sara Godding, global product manager, knives and blades. “Its unique hybrid design comes as a result of comprehensive field research and talking to users about their jobsite challenges. We spent numerous hours on jobsites observing the ways contractors use utility knives to come up with products that help them be more productive and profitable. These tools are an essential part of their daily work, so an all-in-one utility knife is a critical solution to their needs.â€

DEWALT’s folding retractable knife features Rapid Load™ blade change for a quick blade change action, as well as on-board blade storage for up to three blades. A metal body provides durability while its ergonomic soft grip offers comfort to help reduce fatigue. Additionally, a built-in twine cutter allows for fast and easy twine or wire cutting when the blade is in the retracted position.

Complete with a limited lifetime warranty, the DEWALT knife will include three standard size utility blades. The DEWALT Folding Retractable Utility Knife will be sold at The Home Depot and independent distributors in June 2011. The knife is expected to retail for approximately $9.99.

About DEWALT

DEWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial power tools and accessories, including corded and cordless drills, saws, hammers, grinders, routers, planers, plate joiners, sanders, lasers, generators, compressors, nailers, saw blades, metal and masonry drill bits, abrasives, screw driving accessories and more. DEWALT tools can be found nationally and internationally, wherever tools are sold. With more than 1,000 factory-owned and authorized locations, DEWALT has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America. For more information, visit www.dewalt.com or follow DEWALT on Facebook and Twitter.

Summary

DEWALT announced today the launch of its Folding Retractable Utility Knife (DWHT10035) as part of its new line of industrial hand tools. The DWHT10035 is one of the first hybrid folding retractable utility knives of its kind, combining the convenience and space savings of a folding utility knife with the features of a regular

DWHT10035L_A5.jpg

• 3 months later...

It will sell, for sure.  I know a lot of guys that use folding style knives, although I'm with framer.....I don't know why considering the utility knives I use fit in any of my pockets just fine.  FWIW I have only used the Stanley Quick Change knives (not that curved instant change one).  I have no use for all the fancy utility knives that are out there.  This knife does appear to resemble the quick change though.

• 2 months later...

Got this last week, I wasn't crazy about the design Cus I thought it was a bit thick compared to what I usually use (husky) but now i don't even notice it

@ $10 it's less than the other blades I looked at.

I really like it, it's a real comfortable knife, easy to use and IT'S DeWALT

I reccomend it to someone looking for one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I bought this knife just because......back in April. I used and loved a very thin knife from kobalt.. Well the Kobalt hasn't been used in like 7 months....I think the extra strength from the width of the dewalt just made me keep using it..I'm actually shocked because I didn't expect to use it much.great knife once that button gets broke in

I tried one of these but it was cumbersome to open & close with on hand. I also could not get a good comfortable grip when cutting sheetrock.

So far I like the Milwaukee fastback flip knife a lot. I have a couple and don't really need the blade storage which was the one plus of the dewalt knife.

I think it all comes down to personal preference neither are bad. For me the Milwaukee works the best.

I bought this knife just because......back in April. I used and loved a very thin knife from kobalt.. Well the Kobalt hasn't been used in like 7 months....I think the extra strength from the width of the dewalt just made me keep using it..I'm actually shocked because I didn't expect to use it much.great knife once that button gets broke in

Here is a look inside. It actually looks top quality even on the inside.

2zirc50.jpg

Here is a close up of the beauty.

iogchd.jpg

I love the fact that there is no way I can push the button to eject the blade by accident while using the knife. That was one of my biggest pet peeves with the previous folding knife that I was using. Nice. Well one more pet peeve with the fording knife was that, while using it unfolded, I would press the back trigger to fold it by accident and it would tend to want to fold when working with it.

Another pet peeve, with the non folding knifes, was the opposite. I would press the slider button by accident and the blade would go in.

I like how it can carry 3 extra blades. That will com in very handy.

Here is all the knifes that I own. (I bought two dewalt knifes... one for work and one for home)

r6wh37.jpg

my very first knife was the one in the far left then the one next to it and my previous current one was the one in the middle. The button is broken there and I rigged it to work again. it is similar to this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UOCS88/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1/188-6893281-9467665?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_r=04C9D7B096DNVFNPK1N2&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_i=B000EB7ARQ I use to press that button by accident all of the time while using it so the blade would always pop out. There where other issues i was having with it that I was putting off... but now with my dewalt, I will definitely subtract at least 4 issues that I had with my previous knifes. :)

Archived