DEWALT NEW 4.0AH BATTERY

Mak Man

Hi i work in a big box hardware store in Australia, we had some Dewalt training on the new XR tools and when i look down at the drill i saw the new 4.0 Ah battery. The rep toll me that it was a engineers sample, when they do release it will have the fuel guage on it, (Cell made in Japan battery assemble China)  I have i have some pics... have a look

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

There is a press event scheduled for June 6. I'm hoping this is part of the announcements made there. I wonder if they will do anything with the new batteries that will adjust max torque on the tools when using a 4.0Ah battery as compared to a 3.0Ah battery? From what I understand, you can use the tool/battery electronics to modify both torque and run-time within the parameters of the battery-tool ecosystem.

There is a press event scheduled for June 6. I'm hoping this is part of the announcements made there. I wonder if they will do anything with the new batteries that will adjust max torque on the tools when using a 4.0Ah battery as compared to a 3.0Ah battery? From what I understand, you can use the tool/battery electronics to modify both torque and run-time within the parameters of the battery-tool ecosystem.

??? ???

• 1 month later...

Well, it's here !!

a)

..... at least in Germany ;

approx. 10 dealers are already selling on ebay; they have stock physically delivered

the battery also has a fuel gage;

colors are inverse compared to the 3,0Ah ; means what is black is now yellow, what is yellow is now black

as a very simple description

see attached picture

all Kit descriptions (model numbers) remain, if it is a 4,0AH kit the L is replaced with a M

example

dck290L2 (2x 3,0AH battery) ==> dck290M2 (same kit with 2x 4,0Ah battery

B)

in UK word is out that all kits will be available End July;

I can't confirm if shipping to resellers has started yet

c) side comment: don't continue in this thread

NO news on a radio/charger for slide on batts

greetings

They are being released in the UK at the start of August and were announced at a recent Dewalt event.

Here's what we've got in the <a href="http://www.toolstop.co.uk/4ah-new-from-dewalt-a1183">Toolstop Blog</a>:

All UK model numbers will remain the same apart from the "L" becomes an "M" - for example a DCD985L2 combi drill with 3Ah batteries will be a DCD985M2 with 4ah batteries.

The weight is exactly the same.  This has been achieved by the cell walls being slightly thinner (this takes weight out) enabling Dewalt to increase the amount of active materials in the cell (adding weight back in)

70 minute charge time from empty using the multi voltage battery charger which is also capable of charging Dewalts 10.8 and 14.4 volt batteries

The batteries now have a state of charge indicator so you'll never be caught out again by drained cells

The cells are currently manufactured by Sanyo

33% more runtime versus the 3ah batteries when used in the same tool - Simple maths 4 is 33% more than 3

1 year warranty

range2.jpg

• 2 months later...