Gun shy with new tools

wsm0807

Anyone else ever hesitant to use a new toolfor the first time? I bought a new 20volt kit but at least twice yesterday i used my old 18 volt drill instead. For me its just that the 18v stuff is already beat up from heavy use, while my 20v kit is still my brand new $550 investment. Am I the only one?

Nope, when I buy a new tool I purposely find stuff to use it on, even when there's nothing to use it on. If I wasn't going to use a tool I wouldn't buy it. New tools are fun too, you get the thrill of using it and wondering how long it'll take before you get that first scratch or scuff. It's like a little adventure

Ole Mr. Wayne....it's like when you get that new gelding and you look down at your old nag of a horse and say...."I dint wanna git 'er dirty ole girl"! You just don't want to get those shines new toys dirty. I'm the same way though. They look so pretty in the tools box and you know their going to get banged around!

Drives me nuts when the white paint comes off. But truthfully, I have a 2014 Tundra. I've got a bunch of Festool tools. These things are designed for heavy use and getting dirty. Mine look new ALL the time. But I clean them after every use.

The only thing that kind of annoys me with Milwaukee tools is the white paint they used on the tools wears off a little too easy. Other than that they hold up pretty good.

I feel the same way, my dewalt tools went through way more abuse and when I sold them they looked almost new after I cleaned them but you can't even look at the Milwaukee tools without having the white paint on the "Milwaukee" logo come off.
  • Like 1

Like when I bought my one and only new truck in 2000. One block from the dealership guy ran a red light totaled the truck. I had it for a whole 10 minutes.

One of the first things I did when I got out of the Military was buy a classic car. I bought a 1965 ford fairlane, shaved door handles, 390, with exhaust pipes poking out behind the rear slicks.

Illegal ran a red light and T-Boned me, sent my car into a light post. I crawled out the window right before it caught fire. Had that car for less then 10 min. .. No insurance yet so I got to pay a fine and the car was totaled.