I'm bored, here's a bird...

Kato

I don't seem to have a problem with Torx stripping near as much as phillips, but I have seen others have that problem.  As long as you use a good bit you shouldn't have an issue with any of them stripping really.   

19 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

When I do new drywall installation I like use glue and screws to really keep the board snug, also keeps you away from nail pops in the future. As for paper puncture you don't need to have a drywall gun wth a cone to get good dimples with out puncture, there are various bits and bit holders that will give you the right depth for a good simple.

Might had to look try some cement board screws though...

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always use a dempler tip with drywall screws, but if there's any gap between old house framing because most of the old conch houses were stucco and lath so tolerance wasn't necessarily very close, punctures are much more common.

I always use a dempler tip with drywall screws, but if there's any gap between old house framing because most of the old conch houses were stucco and lath so tolerance wasn't necessarily very close, punctures are much more common.

Very true... Nothing worse than hanging new drywall on an old bowed wall

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paracord is useful for a lot of stuff, especially if you're needing rope for something. That's a keychain I made, nothing fancy. I have a bunch, and I have a couple of bracelets. It's something I do when I'm bored...among a lot of other stuff I do to keep from being bored.

• Like 1

Couldn't do it, I barely had enough room under the battery cover for screws. Had to clip the ones I used. I only wanted something to give me the ability to carry it hands-free, so I wouldn't have to lay it on the floor or anywhere goofy while using it. It's new, I want to baby it...

• Like 1

Paracord video coming up, no voice, don't need it. This is a basic weave, all you're basically doing is tying a standard knot, only it's being tied around another piece of cord. This weave isn't "quick deploy", if you want to untie it to use the cord you have to pull the center cord and then untie the main. The second weave done with the keyring is a tie that you can't pull apart. This is for if you just want a fancy lanyard and don't want to take it apart. I run a few weaves, then I slow down for one so you can hopefully see how the cord wraps and weaves. I do an "under/over" weave, but you can do an "over/under"...it creates the same pattern.

Pardon my hands, I haven't washed-up from work yet...being lazy today...Basically you start with two pieces of cord, any length you want. Doesn't matter, you can either measure out for the length you want (measure the core cord for your length) or you just make it how long you want and then cut off what's left. Burn the ends with a match or lighter so they don't fray apart, and you're all set. Put one cord under or over the other, then wrap one "leg" around and pass it through the loop made by the same cord. You do nothing with the core cord except tie knots around it. You make one knot, then create another loop on the opposite side, making a new knot. Once you see the pattern it's a piece of cake, each loop made, the new one goes on the opposite side. With this basic weave you can take the keyring off and pull the core out, allowing you to untie the knots and have a length of paracord to use for whatever.

I'll make a vid sooner or later showing a quick-deploy lanyard, which when you pull the core the weave will just let out, you won't have to untie it.

• Like 2