I'm bored, here's a bird...

Kato

I grew only using Phillip heads screws is that bad? But if I had to choose a side of who's gonna win I guess I would choose to Robertson square 

Me too as well but once I learned about Torx I was hooked instantly

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I like Torx, Robertson is nice for electrical but I feel like Torx gives you the ability to really crank down. I've rounded out Robertsons quite a few times, but so far the only thing I can say about Torx is that I broke the tip off of a #10 once. Other than that Torx has always performed for me

I prefer torx for deck screws, Phillips for drywall and my Kreg screws are Robertson. I like them in that order and I feel strongly that regular/flat head screws should no long be made!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Some might laugh, but I've been switching away from drywall screws and began to use cement board screws on small projects. At first it seemed like overkill (ran out and was almost finish so I figured what the hell I'll try it) and it's superior in every way. The head is larger, it allows for a tighter fit without paper puncture, no chance of corrosion, and are available in all head styles to eliminate stripping (Robertson, Torx, Philips, etc...).

Some might laugh, but I've been switching away from drywall screws and began to use cement board screws on small projects. At first it seemed like overkill (ran out and was almost finish so I figured what the hell I'll try it) and it's superior in every way. The head is larger, it allows for a tighter fit without paper puncture, no chance of corrosion, and are available in all head styles to eliminate stripping (Robertson, Torx, Philips, etc...).

When I do new drywall installation I like use glue and screws to really keep the board snug, also keeps you away from nail pops in the future. As for paper puncture you don't need to have a drywall gun wth a cone to get good dimples with out puncture, there are various bits and bit holders that will give you the right depth for a good simple.

Might had to look try some cement board screws though...

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk