I'm bored, here's a bird...

Kato

Wow Kato.  All those pictures are amazing.  My jaw was pretty much open looking through those pictures.  You live right down the street from and I have never seen an Eagle around here.  Did you go up north and get those pictures?  I find it amazing you can get your camera set up and still have enough time to take those action shots.  Amazing.

• Like 1

Most of my eagle shots come from LeClaire Iowa on the Mississippi River. Lock&Dam #14 to be specific. Tons of photographers go out there each year. Used to be high numbers of eagles out there, but the numbers haven't been as good in the past few years. The first year I went there was at least a hundred, I count around 60 on a Saturday out there. Great place to go, the eagles get really close sometimes, close enough to make you duck.

You can see eagles up and down the Fox between Carpentersville and Oswego, sometimes as many as 15 or so.

• Like 1

Stercorarius, don't blame me if you spent money on that. Have fun playing with it though, editing photos is fun. Unless you're doing it for a client and they're being a pain in the ass...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kato said:

Most of my eagle shots come from LeClaire Iowa on the Mississippi River. Lock&Dam #14 to be specific. Tons of photographers go out there each year. Used to be high numbers of eagles out there, but the numbers haven't been as good in the past few years. The first year I went there was at least a hundred, I count around 60 on a Saturday out there. Great place to go, the eagles get really close sometimes, close enough to make you duck.

You can see eagles up and down the Fox between Carpentersville and Oswego, sometimes as many as 15 or so.

I have heard people talking about seeing them on the Fox, but I haven't seen any.  The only times I ever see them is when I am in Wisconsin.  Thanks for sharing those pictures, they are awesome.

Been there, done that. It's nice to make money but it doesn't pay the bills. Way too many potographers that are way better than me out there. I'm just a little fish in a big pond. I've been published all over the world, Japan, Australia, etc., and it's nice to brag about, but if it's making me a millionaire someone needs to let me know...I don't see any buckets of money around here anywhere...

0083.gif

Eric, I do appreciate the kind words, it's nice to know that my photos can please people.

Eagles on the Fox have been growing in numbers, slowly but still better than nothing. If you go up towards the Carpentersville Dam, by Otto, you'll see eagles. It has to be the right part of the year to see any decent numbers, but there's eagles out there for sure. Here's a set from a few years back.

My favorite photographer is Peter Lik, wonder if you're familiar with him. Not only does he take unbelievable photographs but the paper used to print his work is special...seeing it in person nearly dislocated my jaw when I accidently walked into his photo gallery in Key West. I spent over an hour just looking at photo's (and I'm that guy that laughs at art galleries, not a connoisseur of the arts by any means) The luminosity of the prints make them look like they're lit from behind, it's spectacular. 

If I were rich tomorrow I'd be headed down there to place my order on some of his work for sure. They're not cheap but probably the only prints that I'd pay big money for. 

1 hour ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

Yes, I think Kato should become a photographer legend. He could totally sell and show his photo's at art studios. And who knows, maybe one day he will become popular, because he's good and deserves it. I think its awesome that you had the time to view his pictures Eric, you are awesome man. :)

Your right he does deserve it.  Awesome pictures.

1 hour ago, Kato said:

Eagles on the Fox have been growing in numbers, slowly but still better than nothing. If you go up towards the Carpentersville Dam, by Otto, you'll see eagles. It has to be the right part of the year to see any decent numbers, but there's eagles out there for sure. Here's a set from a few years back.

I will never look at the Fox River the same after those pictures.  You make it look so beautiful.  I was checking out your flickr account.  Awesome pictures.  Did you take this picture around here?  If so do you know what kind of spider that is?

September 07 2015 006

• Like 1

That and about 5 others were inside the black-crowned night heron habitat at Cosley Zoo. It's a common garden spider, argiope, don't ask me which one. There's about 6 bajillion different types. They were all around or slightly over 2 inches leg tip-to-tip.

21 hours ago, Kato said:

That and about 5 others were inside the black-crowned night heron habitat at Cosley Zoo. It's a common garden spider, argiope, don't ask me which one. There's about 6 bajillion different types. They were all around or slightly over 2 inches leg tip-to-tip.

Ok thanks.  I saw one last year and it freaked me out.  I hate spiders.  Never saw something like that around here before.  I can't say it was that exact spider, but looked pretty darn close from what i remember.

I'm neither here nor there about spiders, of course they can be creepy sometimes but the bottom line is that most of the are more scared of us than we are of them. Most of the time they won't do anything, but when provoked they might lunge, it's a defense mechanism. Plus, you would be surprised at the stats for how many spiders you swallow while sleeping, and how many spider bites you get and don't know it.

Now that's some scary stuff...