Chicago Electric 18V Circular Saw

Javier

From what I have read it seems like most of the issues with the Harbor Fright tools is that they don't have any circuitry to prevent over charging of the batteries.  I don't know if they have changed that at all.

Thanks guys, in the impact driver video I go over the battery and charger but I will say that the manual states you must remove the battery after its done charging but the charger does let you know when the battery is done

Not a bad set of tools for the price.

You know...all kidding a aside, for under sixty bucks you can get the saw, battery and charger...$75 and two batteries. I don't think I'll get one, I want the fuel saw, but that is really a great deal for a DIY guy like me or even a small GC with a budget like my friend Kevin who loves his Ryobi tools.

I think long term Ryobi is the way to go if you can afford the extra money. Just being into that platform with the amount of tools they have is a good thing

dont forget ryobi has lithium ion not nicd and home depot has 4 amp batteries on sale all the time

They do offer a quick charger than has overload and overcharging as an upgrade.

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-volt-nicd-battery-rapid-charger-for-cordless-tools-68859.html

that's the same charger that's included in the kits. Weird thing is that all the manuals for each tool say to remove the battery when done
  • Like 1

that's the same charger that's included in the kits. Weird thing is that all the manuals for each tool say to remove the battery when done

Hrmm, that's pretty confusing then :( Harbor freight should make things clear on what a person should do to keep their batteries safe.

I'm with you on that Conductor. I have read some pretty horrible comments on HF website with the exception of the wood turning tools. I am really happy the Javier is doing these reviews on this set. Truth be told for the guy (or gal) with little to now cash it's tempting to drop money on a cheap set of tools. What is awesome about these reviews is Javier is filling a void that doesn't seem to have anyone else filling! Good job dude!

• Like 1

Thanks conductor and Chris. If I was starting off with little cash I would have no regret buying this set for doing small projects if I wanted to go cordless. Very not bad for the price. After testing out all four tools, they exceed expectations. I would like to see them smaller lighter, with overload protection and even lithium but you can't have it all at this price range.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...