M18 Fuel Multi-tool

ebowejr

I'm a little disappointed with Milwaukee that they have not made the multi tool in a brushless version yet. It's really the perfect tool for brushless technology because of it's constant run time making it cooler in your hand as well as a longer tool life. Hope someone from Milwaukee sees this thread and realizes that it's a great idea

I want both the M12 and M18 versions, but I wonder how many of the non-Fuel version they actually sell? If the volume is pretty low, it might not make any sense to jump right on designing a new tool...

The multi-tool market is pretty saturated now. Realistically the only people that will buy the M12 and M18 multi tools are the ones already bought in to the battery platform. I think the brushed version was a rush to get something out in the market they did something similar with the M12 sds drill they had the brushed version first and released the Fuel brushless version 6 months later.

The multi-tool market is pretty saturated now. Realistically the only people that will buy the M12 and M18 multi tools are the ones already bought in to the battery platform. I think the brushed version was a rush to get something out in the market they did something similar with the M12 sds drill they had the brushed version first and released the Fuel brushless version 6 months later.

I agree!  Not only was it not brushless but is is also slower than the M12 version.  I love the M12 but decided to hold off on the M128 till the brushless version comes out.  

I was one of the suckers that bought the Brushed version of the M12 SDS but quickly sold it to get the Fuel version the day it was available.  

That sucks I got burnt on the M18 Fuel circular saw. They are putting out a full sized 7 1/4" version now. The cool thing is the M12 fuel circular saw. Realistically you could now get by with just M12 tools depending on what your doing. Milwaukee can feel like the Apple of the tool world you get a new tool and 6 months later they come out with something better.

I'm glad they went straight to brushless on the first m12 circular saw. I know 5-3/8" is only speculation at this point but it makes sense since it's brushless. Usually Milwaukee doesn't care about following others and looking at the pic it makes sense since the blade guards dwarf the 4.0 battery

It might even spank the pants off diy brands 5-1/2" blade 18v models

I out of all the Ryobi tools I have used over the years their circular saw was the biggest weak point. The reciprocating saw got me through a lot though. I would have liked to have seen some nailers but we can't have everything. The other thing is I was hoping to see an updated cordless vacuum.