M12 fuel circular saw

Schavo22

DWAIN -- our framing lumber dimensioning is a little confusing for someone unfamiliar.... 2x4 is a nominal dimension and is not representative of the actual dimensions of 1.5"x3.5" or about 33mm x 89mm.

For a quick explanation, 2x4 is what a "stud" used to be (back in grandpa's day) but now, after dried, the 2x4 lumber is surfaced down on all sides to provide greater uniformity which gives it it's final dimension of 1.5"x3.5"

Want to get more confused? ?

A 1x6 is only .75"×5.5" a 2x10 is actually 1.5"x9.25"

Consider yourself lucky that you use metric!!

DWAIN -- our framing lumber dimensioning is a little confusing for someone unfamiliar.... 2x4 is a nominal dimension 

Consider yourself lucky that you use metric!!

Thanks, I thought that must be the case. I think I would top myself if I had to regularly use inches in such in inaccurate way! lol

In Australia we have standard sizes 35 x 90mm (typical stud) and 45 x 90mm. Rough cut timber is 50x100 or 100x100 etc, corresponding to your 2x4 or 4x4.

All what you get used to. I once had to draft (not doing any actual work, just messing around in CAD) in metric and it hurt my brain. Gimme feet any time... Though to be fair, my industry doesn't use fractions, just tenths and hundredths (and lately, thousandths) of a foot.