My M12 kit

NERemodeling

Here is a my kind of "do all" m12 kit.. it comes on every job with me and is always close by, that way when i run into something unexpected but small i most likely have the tool in this kit to get it done and it saves me a walk out to the trailer.. obviously it wont do everything and i still use my full size tools for larger jobs but this gets me through a lot!

I put them in the open top systainer tool boxes because it gives me easy access to everything and integrates with all my other systainers for portability..   believe it or not there is still some room in the bottom systainer (one with the flashlight) which is loaded so i can attach it to the top one (one with the charger) allowing me to carry it all as one unit

its not pictured but i also have the radio another 2.0 battery and a few more chargers

post-49019-0-16893100-1426480976_thumb.j

post-49019-0-13335700-1426480977_thumb.j

post-49019-0-18434700-1426480978_thumb.j

let me know what you think

John 

• Like 1

Nice set up NERemodeling and a good use for the open systainers. If some people over at the FOG saw those pictures they would have a heart attack.

Have you ever been to the Festool event in Rhode Island it is free and they give everybody a lot of stuff. Last year everyone got the large open top systainer. 

I'm liking those open Systainers. I just bought a bunch of classic Systainers from Woodcraft in Maryland (oh yeah Carroll, Amy is freakin' awesome!). I don't have much left for Milwaukee but my multi tool and rotary get a lot of use and I love them immensely. I am beginning to think maybe getting an open Systainer is the way to go for them, they stay in my shop but I don't like canvas bags.

Thanks everyone for all the comments!! I'm really happy with how this one came together..

As for the bit cases/foam. The cases are Milwaukee that I got at depot.. the foam is fastcap Kaizen foam. I think I had to shave the foam thinner to get it to fit, then cut it to the shape and a little hot glue to hold it in place.

Take your time cutting out for the bits and make the cutouts smaller than the bit so it holds them in place tight

Regopit. What exactly do you mean. The kind of heart attack caused by and erection lasting longer than 4 hours :) or from being mad I filled the systainers with milwaukee? Lol.

Festool has not won me over with their cordless offerings especially drills... their cordless line is tiny and I feel like there isnt any justified innovation in their drills.. I think milwaukee/makita etc. spanks them in this area. Also your stuck using their centrotec chuck which is super annoying.

Yes i have been to the Festool event and also the jlc show for the last few years, do you go? It's a great time!!

Chris. Those are some sweet deals that woodcraft/wood workers club are running... I tried to get the 4mm-10mm domino assortment since all the domino's and bits are unchanged, only the systainer is different at 50% off it would have been a great deal but they were sold out!

The rotary and multitool are great!!

Nice set up man everything is very easy to access. I'm gonna be starting my m12 set soon and these pics make me wanna pull out the card man :}

Do it do it do is do it!!! Hahaha... You won't regret it for sure!! All I will say is pony up for fuel on at least the drills and drivers. Or go for the nicer non fuel... i had my fuel hex scredriver first, then bougbt the non-fuel single speed screwdriver as a second... after a few days i sold it because it was just so slow compared to the fuel

Chris. Those are some sweet deals that woodcraft/wood workers club are running... I tried to get the 4mm-10mm domino assortment since all the domino's and bits are unchanged, only the systainer is different at 50% off it would have been a great deal but they were sold out!

The rotary and multitool are great!!

I really lucked out on that one. I bought the 4-10mm, a five inch Sys 1, a Sys1, Sys2, Sys3 and a Sys4. Amy really is awesome over there and I couldn't get over how quickly my first order came in. I believe in a higher power by the way....where there's a will, there's a way and I just KNOW I'll have the Domino soon. I figured May as well get the assortment while I could.

I really lucked out on that one. I bought the 4-10mm, a five inch Sys 1, a Sys1, Sys2, Sys3 and a Sys4. Amy really is awesome over there and I couldn't get over how quickly my first order came in. I believe in a higher power by the way....where there's a will, there's a way and I just KNOW I'll have the Domino soon. I figured May as well get the assortment while I could.

Hahaha. I'm with you brother! Only a true festool addict buys accessories for a tool they don't even own!! I'm ashamed to admit it but I once bought a replacement pad for the ets125 before I actually owned the sander.. the sander was in the plans and the pad was from a buddy at a great price...I did end up with the sander shortly after

Regopit. What exactly do you mean. The kind of heart attack caused by and erection lasting longer than 4 hours :) or from being mad I filled the systainers with milwaukee? Lol.

Festool has not won me over with their cordless offerings especially drills... their cordless line is tiny and I feel like there isnt any justified innovation in their drills.. I think milwaukee/makita etc. spanks them in this area. Also your stuck using their centrotec chuck which is super annoying.

Yes i have been to the Festool event and also the jlc show for the last few years, do you go? It's a great time!!

last year I just went for the festool event but i plan on going for two days next year. JLC is having a show here in Oct. I plan on going

I'm liking those open Systainers. I just bought a bunch of classic Systainers from Woodcraft in Maryland (oh yeah Carroll, Amy is freakin' awesome!). I don't have much left for Milwaukee but my multi tool and rotary get a lot of use and I love them immensely. I am beginning to think maybe getting an open Systainer is the way to go for them, they stay in my shop but I don't like canvas bags.

I used to have a WoodCraft 10 min from my house but it closed up. the one your talking about is over a hours drive from the house

Looks good, man. One question: do you find the the screwdriver is kind of redundant with the impact driver, or do you use both enough to justify the extra money. I'm kind of working myself up to a Fuel screwdriver...

Looks good, man. One question: do you find the the screwdriver is kind of redundant with the impact driver, or do you use both enough to justify the extra money. I'm kind of working myself up to a Fuel screwdriver...

Speaking purely from my own experiences, I find the screwdriver to be much more broad in it's range of operation. You get much more precise performance which I find to be of much more use in most cases where an M18 is overkill.

It doesn't have the speed or power of the impact, but if it's power I need, I'm probably reaching for the M18 anyway.

I'm not saying the impact doesn't have it's place, but if I were only going to have 1, I'd take the screwdriver every time. If I had the screwdriver, I probably wouldn't bother with the impact, but if I had the impact, I would still want the screwdriver.

Does that make any sense?

No lol, jk I feel ya. I went for the m12 right angle drill for the hard to access screws and the hackzall to get where the sawzall can't. Those might be my only m12 tools as I usually go for the m18 fuel. I can say one m12 item I definitely have my eyes on will probably be my most used tool.....the heated hoodie.

I have several 18v impacts and that was what I used 99% of the time before I got into m12. The screwdriver is why I wanted any of it in the first place. A finish carpenter friend of mine was on a job with me a and he was so confused by me using a full size impact for everything... he uses a festool csx for most of his work and was all about the light weight, low noise (especially in an occupied customers house) and the increased control (you can feel what the screw is doing). That's what got me intrigued... I just couldn't justify the csx especially with their unique "centrotec" bits... now, I pick up the screwdriver first.. I love that thing. It really has great power and speed

I don't think it would be what I reached for to build a deck but for it drives 3-1/8" grk r4 screws no problem so I definitely use it for quick, light, blocking and framing applications and it obviously excels at light duty stuff like cabinet hardware etc..

If you buy it I really doubt you will regret it.. it takes some getting good used to after coming from impacts but give it a few days and you won't want to put it down

last year I just went for the festool event but i plan on going for two days next year. JLC is having a show here in Oct. I plan on going

I was there also, as it gets closer, we should make a plan to meet up this year.. connect is really a blast but going out that night and even the jlc show the next day is super fun also.

John

• Like 1