Dryer Fire Danger!! Invest in this tool now!

tascher1

Hey TIA. Once a month at work I go through the entire facility and all of its various buildings to conduct safety checks as mandated by DCFS. This includes checking to make sure all fire extinguishers are charged and up to date, testing water temps (kitchen and bathrooms) changing air filters, replacing exit light bulbs ect. One of the jobs on the list is to clean the dryer vents. Why you ask? ??? Because dryer fires are one of the most common sources of house fires in the U.S.  Check out this awesome tool that helps me clean out your vents. Its basically lengths of 3ft hard plastic that can screw into each other with a brush on the end.  Secure the tail end into your favorite drill and wholah! Clean vents and piece of mind.

• Like 1

its a pain in the a$$ do clean our dryer vent. its a stackable unit and I can barely reach behind it - so im happy that I don't have to do it so often :D

cant wait to form that room into a pantry and put the washer and dryer in the garage, but for that I have to run some new water lines - hot and cold and have to figure out where to go with the waste water

I have the same plans for the washer and dryer to go in garage cus where its at now is a waste of space and it big enough for a nice sized room for my daughter shes only 3yrs old at the moment but shes gonna need her own room so for now im just saving my nickles n dimes until I get the nerve to start the project.....

One thing I can recommend is to not go further than 4-5ft with the flexible aluminum vent pipe. Anything past that I would def suggest solid 4in sheet metal vent. Creates way less lint build up in the smooth sheet metal opposed to all the lint catching ribs in the flexible aluminum.