M18 JIG SAW M!* FUEL?

cwebby

I am in the market for a new jig saw and i have the m18 line already i am a milwaukee nut. so i am obviously getting a milwaukee one but i was wondering do you guys think i should wait and hope they come out with a FUEL version in the next year or should i just buy it now. 

I can buy it this week for 199.99 plus tax

with two 4amp hour batteries and the new dual charger that comes with the newer sets? should i do it ?

That's not a bad deal for the kit with 2 4.0 ah batteries. We probably wont hear anything till late winter/spring on anything new from Milwaukee. They will drop some new tools then it seems then they save a ton for their big media event in the summer. It's kind of a crap shoot :( to be honest. The deal is kinda worth it you could just buy the Fuel jigsaw bare tool when it does come out.

• Like 1

yup cw I would buy it or just wait for the holidays sales coming in the next 3 months to c if u can get an even better deal that way it will still give u a lil more time to c if the fuel comes out and like DR said u can always buy the bare tool when it does come out and sell the other to help with the cost

the m12 tools are they normally in stock at HomeDepot and Lowes or any other local store?

I always have to order my bosch tools because those are no in-store items and here in this area are no bosch dealer.

Lowes carries a bunch of Bosch tools, but most of the time just the standard lower end tools

yea I only see corded bosch tools most of the time and I have seen there 12v line at lowes during last years holiday sales I haven't been there for a while but I do remember seeing those there. ive only seen HD carry Milwaukee I don't remember lowes having them

wow that's crazy DR I have about 3 close to me and none of them have that

Well the store that used to have that big Bosch Display no longer has it. It has been replace by a big Milwaukee display with almost every Milwaukee tool they offer in the store.

I'm well aware of all the potential uses of a jig saw, my question was as to his specific intended uses.

Reason being, if he plans to use it primarily for woodworking and cutouts in 1X's, plywood, etc., he might consider the M12 jig saw. It's a fantastic saw with unmatched precision, but if he's going to be using it on 2X's often, he's better off with the M18.

The M12 will cut 2X's, but it's slow going and only really acceptable for straight cuts.

• Like 1