New Midsize Pickup Trucks

tascher1

The problem with midsized trucks is they are not that small anymore they got bigger just like full sized trucks. The biggest problem I have seen is you really don't save much full size pickups have better rebates on them most of the time making them the same price as the mid sized trucks or close to it. You also lose out on resale too most people want a full sized truck.

Working like a madman! But...,going up north for a long drive to Evans Notch for some leaf peeping....if there are any left. No Honeymoon this year but hopefully next year we'll be in Ireland so some day trips will do just fine. New Hampshire is beautiful and I've spent two days on the Maine coast. Then renting the drum sander and tearing up the upper bedroom floors. This will be the first time I've refinished floors but they are so shot up I don't think (oh God.....watch over me) that I can screw them up too badly. Then sanding the wainscoting with my RO90 and Midi from Festool and stain and paint! Then my wife :) has asked me to build some small custom shelves around our tv (Call of Duty ultimate game view area) and a place to mount a speaker bar. Hopefully should be up there in less than a week.

• Like 2

That's a rough staycation doing bunch of renovations. I need to get back on my finished basement project. I kinda lost interest the past year for some reason. I also want to build a really sweet custom reclaimed wood computer desk. IT would be more of just a table really, but It would be nicer than this folding banquet table I'm using now

• Like 1

These Trucks look nice but I need full size. I looked into the previous Colorado trucks thinking they would be better on gas but the MPG on the 5 cylinder is close to what I get now with my 5.3L V8. More payload and better towing capacity. No contest for me. 

Those new Ram's... Now that is a sharp looking truck. 

• Like 1

Nope that inline 5 and 6 gm made was a pig. The envoy and trailblazer that had the 6cyl version was even worse on gas. They did near the end offer the 5.3 in the trailblazer as an option. The only problem those trucks aged horribly in my opinion. Some cars look great years later others look like crap not even 5 years down the road. It's funny how that works. Another car that looks crappy to me is a base model C6 Corvette. If you have a higher trim lever like the grand sport, Z06, 427, or Z1 the car looks great but the base model looks really cheap to me now. It's not aggressive enough. I would love to get a C7 Z06 vert that car looks amazing I have seen a few on the road because I live like a mile away from the GM tech center.

NO WAY.. With full sizers getting very technical and improving fuel mileage a lot, what is the point in going mid size?  Purchase price difference is minimal, and full size trucks are just sooo much more capable.  I love my f150, Id never part with it.

I would rather go Ford out of all of them. I'm kinda concerned with the first model year with this new aluminum construction though. I testdrove a Dodge Ram and something bothered me on the old body style. The problem with Toyota was the price. They wanted 200 dollars more than a similarly equipped silverado when I leased. The thing with GM products they have lots of small things that go bad where as other companies have big things that go bad in my experience

My friend bought an 2013 Corvette 427 a 90 grand car he got an awesome deal on it he would have never paid sticker for it. The messed up with is the headlight lenses are foggy from off gassing in the paint. GM admits that off gassing is the problem but still won't replace the headlights. The Dealers won't fight for you and don't give a shit for the most part. I take it back my dealership did take care of me. I noticed some damage on the bumper after I picked up my Chevy Cruze. It was obvious shipping damage and they didn't hassle me at all. It did help I called and brought it in right away. It was a spot on the lower bumper they should have caught it when they went over it for delivery. I will say my sales guy is great though he's a no bs kinda guy what the sale price listed is what you pay no bs fees and shit when you sign for it.

I was recently in the market for a truck and I had my eye on a mid sized truck. For me it would be great, the smaller truck just handles better offroad and I'm intersted in building an "overland" rig. However, because the Colorado is in its 1st year of the redesign and because no mid size diesel ... I bought a full size truck.

I bought a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 SLT Quadcab Hemi 5.7 Black

It's my hot-rod truck and in about 3-4 years when the Colorado proves itself with a diesel.. I'll trade in.

By the way, I'm 6' 225lbs and I fit in the. Colorado just fine. :)

The old Colorado was a POS, this is a new truck with the same name. I think you will actually find it to be a nice truck if you can forget about the older Colorado. But only time will tell, it may suck butt as a truck.. still, it looks better then a Tacoma.

The Colorado is a bit bigger then the Taco.

Wow. Regardless, my Tundra is a wee bit bigger, even more so than my last Ram (2012). And made in Texas. I looked at the 14 Ram's and they are making them in Mexico now!!!! WTH?!?!?!?!? As far as Chevy, they are dead to me. To many problems when I had them and although my Dad's 18 year old Chevy runs, he is always having problems with it and he always has.

No they Make some of theRam pickups in my home city I think the 3/4 ton and 1 ton pickups are made in Mexico though. http://www.allpar.com/corporate/factories/warren-truck.html

They are actually short on capacity after they closed the St. Louis plant during the Chrysler bankruptcy. There is talk about possibly building a new Ram Truck plant, but its mostly rumors. I think they will just run the plants hard with 3 shifts that's more economical.

Nowadays midsize trucks are barely cheaper than a full size truck. They are also about the same size so what is the point anyways. As far as mileage goes, one of my college friends has a 5 speed Colorado and he only gets 25-26 mpg and I get 21-23 in my 82 1/2 chevy.

All of you guys are dead on...I think that the sizes are really close from the midsize to the full size and the gas mileage and price difference are almost identical. I guess they would be good for people who cant park a full size truck very well. Its like anything else in life...better to spend a bit more money on something that you will not regret than to compromise and have hesitations later.

• Like 1

It's funny but true. I will say my Tundra dwarfs everything around and it can tow my wife's two horse, two axle trailer loaded with no problems. The cost of the Tacoma vs the coast of the Tundra was screwed up. Very slight change. Factor in the cab size vs. the Tacoma or even my last Ram (which I LOVED), I can fit four two hundred plus pound guys along with gear in my double cab with tons of room. It's just not worth the small savings and negligible cost of fuel savings (seriously 2-5 gpm) for a truck that cannot haul as much or carry as many people or tow nearly enough. Plus....I've got a back up camera with lines outlining maximum and minimum distance with the gate (lift assist) up or down superimposed on the screen. I can back that thing up like a fireman backing up a ladder truck.

• Like 1