My extension

Kenneth Denmark

Well..temperature can range from +5 c to -15 c in a normal winter. And it starts around the end of November and ends in March. Sometimes we have very high snow and other times nothing.. So do we stop building in the winter ..! very rare.. We are wiking!!

• Like 1

Man I hate the fact that this lot I live on is so effing small. A nice 15x15 workshop would be awesome in addition to a a garage. The dream would be a pimped out huge pole barn with metal and wood working tools. Looks nice KWC can't wait to see the finished project. Watching how other countries build is pretty interesting. Canada and the USA are pretty much the same code wise except for a few exceptions like insulation and other minor code differences, but I would way its about 95% the same between the two. I also hate that fiberglass asphalt shingles are the standard for most of the USA. They don't last long and if you don't get architectural style just a plain 3 tab it makes your house look like crap. I spent extra on SBS shingles they look like fiberglass and asphalt but they are a more like rubber. It's night and day in the durability the pebbles are pressed in to the shingle not just shaken on, and they are next to impossible to tear with your bare hands. I could have got the job done cheaper even with the same contractor but there are too many issues with warranty work on roofs companies go out of business all the time and the manufacture will blame bad installation 99% of the time. That's why I went with Mr. Roof a big roofing company in the midwest.

• Like 1

It's gotta be tough to live in Cali what people pay for homes is crazy. San Francisco has over taken Manhattan as the most expensive city to live in just recently. The tech workers are forcing everyone else out its causing some major issues. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see protests/riots in sf.

Wow DR I didn't know bout that but yea we can expect some activity from that. DR it was so hard when we were lookin for our house we had investors and flippers buying house from right under our feet even if we offered 20-30 thousand over the list price they would buy them cash for way under the list price it was so frustrating and now I heard that they have to go through the same process as regular home buyers now and wait for the 30day closing cost and the banks have to actually check where there money is actually coming from

To see if we build so differently. I made a drawing of the design I used for my extension.

Is it the normal way to build a house in Denmark ... Nope! one would normally use drywall inside door instead of light concrete(aircrete blocks. http://www.hhcelcon.co.uk ) that I have used.

Yeah alright..we use some!

It is government that requires it .. and do not start me up on the rules for 2015 and 2020

They are insane..!!

but okay .. You only use a candle to keep warm.. with the amount of insulation ;-)

• 2 weeks later...