New Makita tools confirmed for the US!

NERemodeling

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

XDT09... Winter 2015... Jeez, guys, can you be a little more vague? It's winter 2015 right now! Grrr....

Haha. I know. They seem to suck at sticking to dates for new tool releases anyway so even if they gave a date I wouldn't hold my breath.. it will come.. that's what I keep repeating over and over in my head. Lol :)

so i just heard from a makita dealer that sells a lot on ebay and usually gets things in and posts them faster than most other businesses that he should be getting the dual port chargers next week sometime and both the xsh03 brushless 6.5" circ saw and xdt09 tiny brushless impact by the end of February      

seller "bishoptools" on ebay    his website is http://www.bishoptools.com   he has a retail location in florida

great guy, ive only dealt with him through ebay but his prices are good, he ships fast and is very responsive to questions. 

• Like 1

The brushless jig saws have been out here for a few months in Belgium. Lovely tools :)

Barrel grip version sells very well. Alot of carpenters prefer it.

A very nice feature is the "soft no load".  If there isn't any pressure applied to the blade the motor will automatically shift down to a slow speed.  Less noise. Less battery usage and you can much more easily   ( Lack of english vocabulary imminent NOW ! ) and precisaly align the blade to the wood where you want to start your cut.

As soon as you apply pressure on the wood the tool will rev up.

Very cool !

That's similar to my Carvex but I'm gonna get crazy and say makitas feature sounds a little nicer! On the Festool it is in soft start mode only until the first time you apply pressure to the blade.. it won't slow back down again until you turn it off.. there are times when I'm cutting in and out of a board and wish it would slow itself down between cuts without turning the tool off.

The noise and battery usage are bonuses to me but it is really about how much easier and cleaner you can start the cut that I love about it.

Now I want the dang Makita even more!!

• 1 month later...