It's getting there....

RickyMcGrath

I realize you mentioned a work surface in the trailer. I am a big fan of Ron Paulk's workbench and he has done several trailers, one of which he is just finishing now and a truck that use some great ideas. His YouTube channel is:  http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEaIzMzCEkTy547iHSs2xUg

You mentioned your portable planer, Here is a picture of mine. I have my DW735 mounted on the DWX726 rolling miter saw stand. I have it mounted with the infeed and outfeed facing the wing mounted rollers. It stands up nicely when it is collapsed, with a relatively small footprint, but I would secure it to the wall of the trailer if I were to transport my set-up.

• Like 2

I realize you mentioned a work surface in the trailer. I am a big fan of Ron Paulk's workbench and he has done several trailers, one of which he is just finishing now and a truck that use some great ideas. His YouTube channel is: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEaIzMzCEkTy547iHSs2xUg

You mentioned your portable planer, Here is a picture of mine. I have my DW735 mounted on the DWX726 rolling miter saw stand. I have it mounted with the infeed and outfeed facing the wing mounted rollers. It stands up nicely when it is collapsed, with a relatively small footprint, but I would secure it to the wall of the trailer if I were to transport my set-up.

I think I saw your pics on another post. I'm considering doing that. I just need to get some things organized first.

I just got all parts for the Tough System Rack. Shoes and steel tube. Got the shoes all tapped for set screws, primed and painted. The steel is cut to length and primed. I just need to drill 378 holes for the brackets to bolt to.

Any recommendations? I'm thinking layout all the holes 1" OC. Put a fence on a drill press so all my holes will be centered and start drilling.

That's the worst part; drilling those holes for the brackets.

I did 25mm from center to center and turned out perfect as for the space in between the boxes.

Pretty darn close. I measured 1" OC on the cart that I have.

I was considering just laying out only the holes I need for the cases I have. I placed the boxes on the cart and can measure the placement. But I figured I should just go ahead and drill them all. In case I change anything.

• Like 1

Thing is (or was) that I didn't know the exact measurements from the cart when I build my rack. Couldn't find a dealer who had one on display. Also the ToughSystem only just came out when I got the idea and built it.

So did my own measurements. Nice to know it's close :)

It's a tedious job, but indeed you're better off drilling them all. Sooner or later you gonna change a case here or there. Easier now than afterwards. I also marked the tubes on all sides with a framing square and a scratch pin. So I can see from the front where the holes are.

Not really necessary, but hey, it was a boring job already, so why not make it a little more boring haha.

Curious about the end result. You gonna love working with such a rack.

A few weeks ago I saw a German guy asking on DeWALT US facebook about storage for a van. I gave him 2 links to this website from Rossi7x's and my van builds. A week later he posted a few pictures on facebook with some ToughSystem boxes in the back of his van. He really liked it.

That was really nice. Just exchanging a few words and next thing you know there's another ToughSystem Rack driving around.

• Like 2

I've added the locking mechanism to mine like on the trolley, so all my boxes can be locked into the rack and padlocked from behind.

Lot of time and money but well worth it.

I recall seeing your photos in another thread. I wish I had time to do that. I barely have the time to do this and with baby#2 on the way, I need to finish this ASAP.