It's getting there....

RickyMcGrath

just breezed through this thread and i have to say that while im a systainer junkie and not much of a dewalt lover, I can definetly dig your setup. gotta respect a man who keeps his trailer that well organized!

nice work.. looking forward to seeing future improvements

My only regret, is not doing it sooner. I probably have duplicates and triplicates of some tools because I needed something and didn't have it with me or couldn't find it in my mess.

My only regret, is not doing it sooner. I probably have duplicates and triplicates of some tools because I needed something and didn't have it with me or couldn't find it in my mess.

And the problem is?? :)

I hear you, but no matter how soon you did it, once you saw the benefits of it you would have always wished you did it sooner. . Good thing is that your doing it now.

I have a similar setup in my trailer, it has been remodeled several times over the years to suit more tools and be more efficient.. I'm working on it for like the 5th time now on down time (which I have very little of these days). It will never be done I suspect!

It's amazing how nice it is to work out of a well organized space with a good system in place. Plus my customers love it and I think it actually increases their confidence in me!

That's the way to do it. Was this your first trailer?

Mine was my first and I was eager/needed to start using it so I did just enough shelving to get by

I have so much damn time into my trailer now I can't imagine ever having to get a new one!

It's my second. I upgraded from a little 5x10 motorcycle hauler that primarily just held my tough system, miter saw & table saw.

Nice.

I had a very nice addition job years back which was my first real need for secure on site tool storage and I was getting tired of schlepping my tools around in the back of my truck for all my other jobs so I went for a 7x14 v nose. Figured that would be plenty big to suit my needs for a long time and it has been.

I do wish however that I went for the 6'-6" roof though. I didn't even know it was an option or really think about it when I ordered it.. that's my only regret

This one is a 6 x 14 with 6'6" roof. I really want to upgrade to a 7 x 16 or even a tad bigger. Too much $$ out on jobs right now though.

It's tough though because I'd really like to sell my trailer before I buy a new one, but I should buy a new one, set it up, then sell this one once everything is moved over.

Only needs some DeWALT stickers on the tubes and you can go official :D

Nice job! I noticed you have the boxes sitting fairly close together. Still enough room to pop up the handles?

Thanks!

There is a good amount of room. The spacing between the bars is 3.5". Probably gives me 2.75" between the boxes to raise the handles. It's tight, but not inconveniently tight.

Sure wish I knew about that adhesive measuring tape last week.

A few weeks ago I saw a German guy asking on DeWALT US facebook about storage for a van. I gave him 2 links to this website from Rossi7x's and my van builds. A week later he posted a few pictures on facebook with some ToughSystem boxes in the back of his van. He really liked it.

That was really nice. Just exchanging a few words and next thing you know there's another ToughSystem Rack driving around.

I've had some nice comments from other trades Guys about my 'version' of the Tough System Racking...  Ive had a fair few guys in the UK contact me through the 'Stanley Tools (UK) Forum', and/or Facebook.. I would think that there are about 25 vans in the UK that I know of, and around 8 of us have formed a Facebook 'Chat' to share other ideas..

The Guys now get on so well that they organise Mountain Bike meets, and even share work amongst themselves..

When the racking is built, it gains you Automatic entry to an 'exclusive' club ... Lol..!!

• Like 1

That's pretty neat. Houston is a unique market. There's not a ton of great craftsman. The main reason it took me so long to get organized is I just never see well organized trailers so I never had any ideas. The CHEAP LABOR crews that overwhelm the market surely don't take the time or spend the $$$ to setup a rig like the ones on here. Most just work out of the back of a pickup or a converted passenger van.

Nice.

I had a very nice addition job years back which was my first real need for secure on site tool storage and I was getting tired of schlepping my tools around in the back of my truck for all my other jobs so I went for a 7x14 v nose. Figured that would be plenty big to suit my needs for a long time and it has been.

I do wish however that I went for the 6'-6" roof though. I didn't even know it was an option or really think about it when I ordered it.. that's my only regret

Check out Ron Paukl's new 7x14 v nose trailer he has done a whole video series on the build out.

• Like 1