Riddle Me This....First Tool....

comp56

So if you are reading this there is a huge chance you own tools of some kind, now my challenge is can you name the first tool you bought for yourself for home use or a career, I know some have to think way back and some not so much.....better yet if you still have said tool post a pic.....

my first tool was a crescent wrench, nothing special but I was 13 years old ........and it still going strong......

Craftsman 1/2" drive ratchet. I sorta still have it... More accurately, I have the second replacement I traded for when I broke two removing rusty u-bolts on my first Jeep. That would lead to the second tool, a Snap On 1/2" drive breaker bar. LOL

I kinda went big and expensive I think it would have to be our families first snow blower. It was a craftsman single stage 2cycle. I sold it a few years ago and it fired up the first pull after a good carb cleaning. The 4 cycle yardman I got as a replacement was a turd sandwich. That thing sucked it couldn't go through much snow nor throw it very far.

• 2 weeks later...

For Christmas in 1998 (I was 15) my dad got me a big 3/8" and 1/2" set of the Williams made Kobalt sockets, as well as a set of wrenches and screwdrivers.

I remember thinking at the time "why the hell did he buy me tools?". Now I see he created a monster, lol

When I started fooling with cars the next year or so, I went back and bought a bunch of extensions, a 1/4" set, and a few pair of Channellock pliers.

I still have every piece except for the wrenches.

• Like 1

Wow I was only 14....... Whata trip

Yeah, I was 30...

Ugg... in 1998 I was 28... way to go making me feel old!

I was even older than that in 1998

Ha got you all beat. During Christmas 1998 I was 12 months old, the only thing I was good at was filling up my diaper and scooting across the floor leaving a trail of spit behind me (I had weak cheek muscles as a baby) it helped my parents find me cause the house was carpeted everywhere. 

• Like 1

My first proper tool I bought myself was a Yankee screwdriver (wooden handle one) I was given 2 prior to me buying my own..

The first cordless tool I bought was a Dewalt dc988 from machine mart..I ended up giving it my dad after 7 years..needless to say it came out of retirement when my trigger went on my dcd985 at the start of this year..

I've still got both,il dig em out but im sure you've all seen them before..

The first tool I ever bought myself was a black, plastic Stanley torpedo level.  I don't have it anymore.  I think I lost it on a job site or it fell out of the back of my brother's truck when I worked with him.  The first power tool I ever bought was a Ryobi 14.4v cordless drill.  I don't have that anymore either.