toughbox system, where do I start?

BIGBEARJT

Its coming....still getting organized

Sorting and resorting.....[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started putting ALL my hand held power tools in dedicated Tough Boxes last night with their respective accessories. I need to find a quality label to label the boxes. Started just using a sharpie on the front by the handle so I don't go crazy trying to find stuff.

I'm entertaining the idea of doing a TOUGH SYSTEM WALL in my garage. I know I can do square tubing and use the DS Carrier brackets, but that isn't conducive to a garage/shop environment. I got to thinking sliding brackets would be absolutely incredible and very doable from a design perspective. It wouldn't be cost effective for a custom one off setup. Maybe I can do a design in Sketchup, patent it and sell it to DeWalt. [emoji16]

My current idea is to just do shelf style pull outs on drawer glides. Slide out, open the box, close and slide back. Then repeat to put the tool away.

• Like 1

Great idea.....was going to do the same with my corded tools ( each has its own box) I bought some black steel peg board to hang all my Yellow cordless.

I ordered some yellow tape for my label maker..... I will post a pic when I try it to label my ToughSystem.

If you move forward with the wall system.... Let us know Ricky [emoji3]

Great idea.....was going to do the same with my corded tools ( each has its own box) I bought some black steel peg board to hang all my Yellow cordless.

I ordered some yellow tape for my label maker..... I will post a pic when I try it to label my ToughSystem.

If you move forward with the wall system.... Let us know Ricky [emoji3]

I will definitely end up doing something. I need to make some room. I just acquired a 13,000BTU AC/Heater for my garage. But with tough boxes and the AC, I don't have much room to do any work. I need to get the tools off my shelves, into tough boxes and the boxes against the wall.

Ricky, post some pics when you're done. I wanna see that. This wall mount idea is how I came up with the solution for my van, because DeWALT had a little graphic on a flyer where the ToughSystem was mounted on a wall. It is in one of their videos as well...

At 1:05 in...

You could attach a metal tube to the frame (mounted to the wall) and then a bigger size tubing that glides over it. Then bolt or welt a notch similar as the one on the brackets so that the side handles of the box can lock into place.

You need some sort of stop on the tubing though to prevent sliding them too far out. 

You could attach a metal tube to the frame (mounted to the wall) and then a bigger size tubing that glides over it. Then bolt or welt a notch similar as the one on the brackets so that the side handles of the box can lock into place.

You need some sort of stop on the tubing though to prevent sliding them too far out.

I just checked our shop and I have three dozen full extension drawer glides. I may not be able to use Carrier Brackets, but it's easy. Just a bunch of plywood and some time. I wouldn't have to be too precise on measurements. Just add an inch to the width of the Tough Boxes for drawer glides. Put a wood front on the drawer and viola.

217df2ef3b794b25d41f5228bbcbccaa.jpg

the local honw depot in my area pushes the milwaukee/ryobi/riggid line of tools which are all made by the same company.My local curtis lunber store and runners store has every dewalt tool you could possibly want, its like wally world in there. i can never go in there without spending money